Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

RasperFat posted:

I'm personally an atheist but I'm not going to push away allies because I think supernatural things are all silly. Protecting LGBTQ people, minorities, immigrants, the environment, the poor, and stopping bombing and shooting people halfway across the world are of far more immediate importance.

I think this is generally the most constructive way to look at this as a 'leftist'.

In New Zealand the political middle ground is to be non-religious, with our two most popular leaders in recent times both being either non-religious or openly atheist, even though they lead opposing parties. That said there are of course fundamental groups on the right, but also devout Māori churches which have supported the left for generations. In the end I think it's all about the context, the time and the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread