Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

What's the current hotness for type annotations and checking? Mypy or something else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

huhu posted:

I started developing with Sublime Text and then switched to PyCharm since I've been working mostly with Python. However, my new job has me focusing on Flask apps and PyCharm seems to be a bit lacking when it comes to dealing with HTML, CSS, and JS. I miss all the awesome plugins that come with Sublime Text as well. Am I missing something or should I be looking at something else to be developing Flask stuff?

If you have the cash, consider shelling out for the IntelliJ IDEA ultimate version. It includes all of the features in PyCharm (slightly behind pycharm releases), plus HTML, JavaScript, and pretty much everything else.

People also seem to love VS Code, and it's free.

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

I don't think you need to drag along a bunch of fortran libraries (via numpy and scipy) to parse csv files.

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

When I got a new laptop this is the only sticker I put on it https://www.stickermule.com/marketplace/8980-talk-about-something-other-than-programming

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

I started doing it because every conference and event I went to handed out tons of stickers. They can be decent conversation starters as well.

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

Pipenv is lovely, and being able to specify dev dependencies reliably makes testing and deployment very painless.

I can't wait for ansible to start supporting Pipfiles as an alternative to requirements files.

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

Better suggestion: don’t.

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

Hughmoris posted:

Is there a good way to step through Python code? I found a Python library to parse torrent names (https://github.com/divijbindlish/parse-torrent-name/blob/master/PTN/parse.py) and I can't quite figure out how it works.

Pycharm. Add the library to your project, set a breakpoint in it and run the debugger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Is anybody else going to PyCon?

conferences in america :chloe: