Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

:calls u at 4am from mt kilimanjaro:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

cheese-cube posted:

my buddy was 100% on the winphone bandwagon but then they started delaying updates and he was running dev preview software which owned him and now i don't know what he has.

billyg you broke my friends heart

your friend is an idiot hth

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

infernal machines posted:

oh, and the part where they killed their own platform twice with mutually three incompatible os revisions in three years

yeah lol

qirex posted:

metro was like 1/4 of a good idea that went viral internally and ruined their entire enterprise ui, it's impressive what can happen when executives get a little bit of design knowlege

the guy who invented it quit in frustration

link?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

qirex posted:

one of my favorite windows phone facts is for years people had screamed that iphones were only popular because of marketing so microsoft went on an unprecedented advertising and product placement blitz, spending at least 5 billion dollars and still got nowhere

dub step

qirex posted:

no link, just scuttlebutt from other designers I know who worked there

ah word

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

infernal machines posted:

there was an article out somewhere around the windows 8 launch that talked about some poo poo going down in the design department at ms over the use/direction of metro.

i remember hearing that they had something like 200 UX folks in a dozen groups working on it at the same time

lol

• Locked thread