Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i had the 1st and 2nd gen winpho

it was p. dece for a platform with no apps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Endless Mike posted:

the few times i used winpho it was fast and responsive even on trash hardware, something you can't say about even flagship androids, so there's that. shame it had no support whatsoever

it was pretty tight up until they decided to shithouse the ui for their unified windows 10 experience™

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

oh, and the part where they killed their own platform twice with mutually three incompatible os revisions in three years

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Shaggar posted:

winphone 10 is way better than winphone 8 was

the ui looks like a clown vomiting up a bag of skittles.

winpho 7.5 was peak ui, simple, clean, authentically digital metro

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

cheese-cube posted:

all phones are bad you idiot get off my back

some phones are more bad, specifically all the ones made by samsung

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Shaggar posted:

win10 is way better.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Shaggar posted:

some dude putting an ugly background on it isn't windows fault.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

15 different colours/shades of randomly sized sometimes solid, sometimes translucent icons is good design - shaggar the blind

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Video Nasty posted:

I still use a WinPhone and like it because I hate everything that mobile devices have become in the past decade and would rather just call, text and send pics of my balls to strangers.

this and the performance/ui consistency were basically my reasons for using it too

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

the winpho platform changed massively between 7 and 8, and apps needed work to port. 8 to 10 the platform changed a bit, but anything that ran on 8 would run on 10

none of the phones that ran winpho 7 were ever supported on 8, and only a couple nokia models that could run 8 got 10 support. the reasons for this were gently caress you, buy a new one.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

oh yeah, I forgot about the minor version release that somehow broke everything again, including many phones

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

eric posted:

windows phone is great if you want a feature phone with a touch screen

i basically do.

i have two apps on my iphone, one to show arrival times for pubtrans and one for banking. the only one i can't get on winpho is banking, which can be done through the bank's website

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

there was an article out somewhere around the windows 8 launch that talked about some poo poo going down in the design department at ms over the use/direction of metro.

i can't be arsed to look for it, but it seemed to corroborate what qirex said

• Locked thread