Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I used to be a daily hair-washer (tendency to greasy roots/dry ends) until about a year ago when I started getting a really dry, flaky scalp. I tried only washing my hair every three days or so but that just resulted in 1 day of really dry, flaky scalp followed by two days of greasy hair. I tried T-Gel and H&S without any real improvement. The first time I tried Vosene (active ingredient salicylic acid) it seem to cure the problem completely but subsequent usage saw the dryness return as badly as ever :(

Anyway, after a particularly bad reaction to vosene (after I experimented with leaving it in for about 10 minutes), in desperation I tried applying dilute (1:3) malt vinegar/water to my scalp after reading about pH level problems on the scalp causing dryness. It was like a miracle - after letting it sit for 10 minutes and then rinsing, my scalp went from looking like a snowfield to having a trace of flaking here and there. Now I just use any ordinary non-medicated shampoo and then rinse with vinegar. I still have some flaking but it is no-where near as bad as it was before. To be exact, I wash my hair every 2/3 days with ordinary shampoo or sometimes baby shampoo, rinse, spray scalp with dilute vinegar, let sit for 5 mins, rinse and then let hair dry mostly naturally.

All that said, I'm pretty sure I don't have psoriasis or exzema so this may be of no use or interest to anyone with either condition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread