Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TerryLennox
Oct 12, 2009

There is nothing tougher than a tough Mexican, just as there is nothing gentler than a gentle Mexican, nothing more honest than an honest Mexican, and above all nothing sadder than a sad Mexican. -R. Chandler.
Dandruff, how quaint. How about living with seborrheic dermatitis. In my case, its genetic. My dad has it, my brother has it, my brother's two month old twins have it (poor things foreheads feel raspy) and I have it too. Its a hosed up form of dermatitis that is not happy to constrain itself to your scalp. ANYWHERE you have sebaceous glands, you can it there. Skin reddens and dries and flakes off. In my case this includes all the border skin around my hair, my ears, my eyebrows and if I try to grow a beard, my sideburns. Its itchy as hell. Its triggered by high humidity so you can't grow long hair. During adolescence, your raging hormones cause the problem to go apeshit and you get sores in your scalp. Sores that ooze and stink. I tried everything: Blue Selsun (a selenium containing shampoo), extra medicated Fermodyl (this one burned like alcohol when you applied it), triatop (some reddish gellish shampoo that smelled like mold), sulphur soap. To control this poo poo, the following methods work for me:

1) Wash and deep scrub your scalp with zinc-pyrithione head and shoulders. EVERY loving day.

2) Shower early.

3) Control your anxiety (even taking medication if needed)

4) Wash your face with zinc-pyrithione soap.

5) Wash your sheets and pillowcases once a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread