Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I'm a girl with long thin hair, meaning skinny, waspy-like individual hairs, and I definitely cover it with a shower cap and only wash it every 2 or 3 days, excepting sweaty workouts. It takes me like 2 hours to blow dry it with mousse so I have some volume and then curl it or straighten it, and that lasts a few days barring humidity.

And I think this is a good way to go if you're in my boat but eww those chicks who's "stylist" told them it was BETTER to not wash their hair for days at a time and you want to tell them it looks slimy and disgusting, but you can't because it's your friend and her stylist is so awesome, but not washing your greasy hair just looks horrible. It's like a bad tattoo. You can't tell your friend that it's horrible, because you still want to be friends.

Anyways, I'm almost 40 and I've gotten a weird patch on my temples a couple times now, since I was 25 or so., that lasted a year or more, and it would just flake like the devil, and the only things that really worked were the real acid shampoos, not the ones with TAR or that bullcrap. And I just had to rub the living heck out of the patches and deal with the consequences for a few months, daily washing and lots of combing and not touching my head at work ALL DAY. and they went away eventually. This is a really serious issue for people with dark hair, because it makes it look like you're "dirty" or unkept but its just random weird crap happening on your head and it sucks.

Don't GO IN BLACKLIGHT. :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Positive Optimyst posted:

2 hours is a LONG time to dry and do the hair, DP.

Good luck on your other issues.

It sounds like your friend(s) have more naturally oily hair, so this might cause the "slimy and disgusting" look when take a break from the Sh-poo.

My hair is like 3 feet long. I let it dry naturally for almost an hour first, which makes it manageably damp, so I don't have to point the hairdryer at my head for 30 minutes and get a hot-head or headache. Then it takes a good 20-30 minutes to dry straight while hanging upside down, and the next 20 or 30 to either curl or straighten. I have a LOT of hair. When it lasts for 2-3 days, it's worth it.

I gave good advice here and was nice, and you just crapped all over me for no reason. Go with the salycilic acid shampoos over the Coal tar ones. That's exactly what other people talked about. :black101: Crikey

I thought it was useful to mention that "some people" should recognize that just because their stylist says that washing their hair too much is bad, they still have gross oily hair and it's really hard to tell them to go wash their drat hair. That dry-shampoo is NOT WORKING.

• Locked thread