Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pazrs
Mar 27, 2005
I struggled with this. I'm male with fairly short hair. I tried all the medicated shampoos, the coal tar scented rubbish and everything. My flaking was never super bad but it was persistent.

After talking to a pharmacist he gave me a bit of advice that has allowed me to entirely get rid of it. I wasn't drying my hair/scalp enough. Towel dry is not enough for me, so I use a hair dryer on a low temperature whenever I wash my hair. I wash my hair probably three times a week and if I dry it well I have no flaking or any issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pazrs
Mar 27, 2005

Arash posted:

Can you say what about having wet hair lead to the flaking? I also have fairly short hair and I never considered having wet hair as a cause of dandruff.

I can't say exactly why, it was just advice I was given and has worked very well for me.

• Locked thread