Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Do you guys think medicare-for-all is a saleable idea for the American people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Mind_Taker posted:

Forgive me for asking what might be a very simple question: why won't Republicans be able to pass this bill in both the House and the Senate when they have majorities in both? Are there really enough that would take a stand and vote it down? Why wouldn't they just take the party line and vote in favor of it?

Because it's going to take health care away from 24 million people, and there's an election next year?

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Mind_Taker posted:

So how will they be able to actually repeal the ACA even if they massively change the AHCA to make it more palatable to the public? It seems like a losing battle because the ACA is pretty popular.

Again sorry for what may seem dumb questions. I feel like I have a decent understanding of the issues but I am terribly uninformed when it comes to basic civics.

You only need 50 votes for a bill you pass via budget reconciliation. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconciliation_(United_States_Congress)

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

RandomPauI posted:

I've got my own problems with prescriptions. Some of it comes from my insurance company, some of it comes from my new psychiatrist.

I'm taking two alpha blockers that help me control some very painful trauma-related symptoms. I started them under my old psychiatrist. But my new psychiatrist doesn't understand just how bad the symptoms were and why the meds would help.

So I've had to ask my therapist to talk to my psychiatrist about just how bad the untreated symptoms are.

Having your therapist and your psychiatrist communicate with each other is just good practice, no matter the situation.