Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Queering Wheel posted:

lol I'm going to lose my healthcare if this goes through. Hope I don't get cancer or something

Thanks a lot you loving Rust Belt retards

Yup. Can't wait to die slowly thanks to an easily treatable disease. Guess I shouldn't have gotten diabetes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Also holy poo poo Planned Parenthood isn't going to survive this. The name will but not as it exists today. These disgusting monsters need to be hung from freeway overpasses, gently caress voting them out.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

Nonsense. Once costs spiral completely out of control, you'll be dying quickly.

_____:gop: :smith:_____

Well I mean unless you go into a coma or insulin shock most diabetes related deaths are slow deaths. I'm 33 and in decent health so this bill will actively make it much more difficult to stay that way. In good health I mean I'm pretty sure I won't be 33 much longer.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Asimo posted:

Speaking as a type 1 diabetic who basically has no chance at affordable healthcare without the AHCA due to needing constant medication to not die, gently caress every last republican who voted for this. If there was any justice in the world they would all be dying slowly and painfully from horrible diseases, forced to sell everything they own to try and stay alive.

:toot:

:hfive: Yup. I just got financial assistance through Kaiser and I'm hoping to get back on an insulin pump. The guillotine would be too nice for the GOP.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Somebody post that twitter feed where the guy is asking how to make his house payments but he's spending 1600 dollars a month on candles or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Insurance companies are loving terrible, but I wonder if (in a hypothetical world where we can start reforming poo poo) pharmaceuticals would be a better place to start.

For instance, thanks to greedy pharma the cost of insulin pens has skyrocketed to the point where my insurance plans will no longer pay for them. I have to use old school vials and syringes now.

For those that aren't aware, insulin pens were a huge step forward for diabetes care because a) once you start using one, you don't need to keep it refrigerated, b) it's more easily portable, and c) it's much, much easier to get precise doses.

It blows my mind that I was essentially told to go back in time wrt to my diabetes care. These companies are vile and in a just world the executives and shareholders would have been rounded up and shot for this heinous poo poo.