Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

Sundae posted:

Agreed with this if you can afford COBRA. It's amazing how loving expensive some employer plans are once you remove the subsidization, and now you have no income.

True fact, when i changed health insurance plans at work, the system autonatically sent out a COBRA letter in the process and apparently my health insurance was like $480 a month. Good lord, i dont even make that a week. Itd destroy my savings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

When are we expecting a CBO estimate?

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

rscott posted:

Strange, in our information packets every year we get a breakdown of employee vs employer costs and it's always been around 2/3rds employer subsidized

This seems like the exeception. No one i know truly knows what their current work health insurance costs. I asked when i found out mine, and i only did that by accident.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

Bueno Papi posted:

If there's one principled stand I wish the democrats would take is letting the Cadillac tax go into effect. That would make the nibbling into employer-based insurance easier down the road.

My plan is a cadillac plan :(

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

Xae posted:

Your company subsidizes your plan more than $29,500 a calendar year?

I thought for an individual plan the line was $8000?(which even then it like just cracked it) We have crazy good health insurance for an otherwise poo poo paying job that we only pay $13 a week on for premiums with a $300 in network deductible which by most accounts seems way lower than the norm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

. Republicns
So... With McCain seat replaced by a Trump loyalist any chance Obama care repeal will be resurrected before midterms

Not as long as Collins and Murkowski still vote no(Republicans have lost one of the Alabama seats since then)