Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

It's up to the individual states to determine the amount that qualifies as "high dollar" winnings.

Anything over $1k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

There is almost no situation that a trumpeteer losing their healthcare won't view it as anything other than some kind of underhanded liberalist coup that succeeded against the righteous and noble trumpco. You fail to realize so many of them are so far down the rabbit hole that they've always been at war with Eurasia.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

zonohedron posted:

Right. My thyroid clearly needs to pull itself up by its bootstraps, even if that requires it to grow feet and buy boots first.

Don't forget 'figure out some exotic new form of propulsion'.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

evilweasel posted:

Also it's important to notice that if the Republicans do not gut Medicaid, they don't get the savings they need to get this through reconciliation.

Methinks the largest lobby in Washington might not take to kindly to seniors losing coverage/getting the shaft.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

My mistake, so hard to keep track of who Paul Ryan is trying to (not so) secretly euthanize these days.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

BarbarianElephant posted:

No, just the first part.

C'mon now, I doubt they'd mind a few poor browns and coffee's out there too.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Yeah I pay about 10k a year for company family health insurance, and its a HSA high deductible plan that I've gotta sink 12k in first before they start coverage.

The one year I said gently caress it and put the 10k in a savings account instead my son cut his hand and the surgery/stiches emptied that out and put me 24k in the hole. The sad part is it doesn't really change much because I couldn't afford care in either scenario...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Mr. Nice! posted:

Eh on the whole the care you get is pretty much average. Some places are better than others, but generally speaking its decent to great healthcare.

Also seems silly to argue over shades of grey healthcare vs no healthcare save but for emergency room visits. Mediocre/Middling free healthcare looks like a loving ray of golden sunshine hope to a huge chunk of the US.