Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

lol I'm going to lose my healthcare if this goes through. Hope I don't get cancer or something

Thanks a lot you loving Rust Belt retards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

clockworkjoe posted:

So is there any way for the GOP to not take a political hit from this?

1. If it passes, millions will lose coverage and everyone from the healthcare industry to the AARP is pissed at them.

2. If it fails, they can't fulfill campaign promises and look like idiots. Hardcore backers like the Koch brothers are pissed at them.

If they go with 2, there's still a decent chance that they can get by on whatever their godawful budget ends up being + Dems finding ways to lose again. If they go with 1 then yeah they're almost definitely boned.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I love how we keep getting saved by Ted Cruz and the Raiders of the Tortilla Coast from horrible legislation like the AHCA and the grand bargain because it's not conservative enough. You can't make this poo poo up.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Rad Valtar posted:

Is it to much wishing death upon the Republicans who voted for this since they probably just doomed a bunch of people to death because they won't be able to afford insurance?

No. I legitimately hope they die painfully. I hope people start shooting them. It would just be self defense at this point. Everyone who voted for this bill today is a murderer.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I keep trying to get my hopes up, but no, I guess the Senate just isn't going to give up on trying to loving kill and bankrupt people. :smith:

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Is there anyone I can follow on Twitter or whatever that is keeping a close eye on what's going on? I know that these evil fucks are keeping their AHCA version private, but is anyone trying to figure out how GOP senators are likely to vote? If Collins and Murkowski vote no due to the heavy Medicaid cuts and then Rand Paul votes no because it's not a full repeal, that's three right there. Or have they changed their minds in recent days? I'm really scared about this bill and it's hard to find this information on it.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Azhais posted:

What are those people going to do, vote Democrat? Like some sort of Liberal pussy?

Come election time most of them will go "Oh, you." and vote for the R anyway. Best case they vote in a different republican, but it's not like the warm body makes much of a difference in politics these days, you vote the party line on big things or you don't get money.

They don't have to vote Democrat. If even a small percentage of them just stay home, that's a big deal.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

LeeMajors posted:

God McConnell is the worst loving person.

As comically stupid and evil as the Trump Regime may be, McConnell has actively sought to destroy every norm to impose his will on everything. He gives no fucks about the will of the people and will burn the system down, if necessary, to please his donors.

Ryan is a total prick but at least he's pretty ineffective at his job. McConnell is evil and competent--a horrible combo.

I've already prepared myself for the passage of this bill. Hope I don't get sick for the next ten years *fingers crossed*.

I'm afraid of the bill passing too, but nothing much has changed about the situation. A bunch of the insane Republicans including Cruz were probably always going to vote yes after some stupid changes/giveaways were made. Another CBO score is coming early next week and there's pretty much no way it's going to be any better than the last. That will give the less insane Republicans their cover to kill this version of the bill.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Cabbit posted:

So the plan is to pick up Rand Paul's vote and.. what, hope the senators who were voting no because of the Medicaid reductions suddenly all have strokes? Why would any senator who was off the bandwagon over Medicaid cuts suddenly be on board for this?

I'm thinking that the turtle just wants to move on at this point, and will hold a repeal vote with no chance of passing just so he can go "welp we tried"

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Wait, this is considered likely now? The Man In The High Chair dragging their approval down or not, don't they need to pick up two dozen seats or something, facing heavily gerrymandered districts and unprecedented voter suppression the oversight of which performed by increasingly-conservative judges?

Yeah the voter suppression stuff sucks and will be an issue going forward, but the gerrymandering is eight years old now and isn't as effective as it once was. A lot of people move around and die in that time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

viral spiral posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqILOA5bdjI

A man with a loving brain tumor — which is being treated with government healthcare — is about to take Medicaid and Obamacare away from poor people.

Not that I don't believe McCain can flip, but no other source is saying he's a yes. The last statement McCain has put out was about wanting regular order.