Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Carlosologist posted:

whites in the midwest

I found the porblem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

eviltastic posted:

I've been looking and have not seen an explanation: why isn't the selling across state lines thing in the bill? Were there House members pushing back against that?

It's gonna be in the sequel, sez Trump :laffo:

They lost Heritage, the Kochs, AARP, and the Freedom Caucus in less than 24 hours. I do relish the idea of Paul Ryan gamely charging down the track toward the oncoming light, though.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

KillHour posted:

What the gently caress does this even mean?

Well it is a sort of quadruple negative, but I gather that he's in favor of health care reform.

Funny that he voted No on Obamacare then.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Oh my god OH MY GOD

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Cheesus posted:

"Every employer plan"?

What about insurance in general? How could any kind of insurance work if not for the pool of uninjured/undamaged payers "subsidizing" the injured/damaged?

Is it that these people are unable to see insurance as anything but a savings account, hence accounting for their endless braying about it?

IT'S THE loving SINE QUA NON OF THE VERY CONCEPT OF INSURANCE HOLY poo poo

Edit: gently caress

mdemone fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Mar 9, 2017

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Petition to change the thread subtitle to "Who knew healthcare would be this hard?"

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Bueno Papi posted:

Haven't been keeping up with the vote counts. Even if AHCA passes the house, do republicans have 50 in the senate?

Nah. Ryan's praying he can cockslap enough Reps into squeezing it out because he doesn't want to be solely responsible once it's dead in the Senate.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

BlueBlazer posted:

How about open enrollment into Medicare/Medicaid?

It's the best incremental approach. I make too much to qualify but would happily pay 100-200/mo to enroll. I know how much employer sponsored health care is. It's insane. I also know most doctors don't take it. I'm OK with it. It would be a huge boon to small businesses that want to provide but cant. The Randoids can continue hating everyone. The rest of us would love to put into the support.

Hell yes. I work as a research postdoc at a university, I make $45k and my family health plan is $600 a month through the employer (bronze level, the most basic plan offered). Under Obamacare, I qualify for expanded Medicaid (under 200% of poverty line in NY state) and pay $20 a month for me, $9 a month for each of my two kids.

I'll pay whatever anybody wants to get out from underneath employer-based plans.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

evilweasel posted:

Nothing dies today. Plus we don't even know what bill is getting voted on today! They repealed the rule preventing them from putting a bill on the floor and voting on it the same day!

what

Edit: oh I understand. Repeal and replace that "what"

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Xae posted:

Normally there are rules that give the House time to read the bill after it gets out of committee. They suspended those rules for this bill.

There may only be an hour or two after the bill leaves committee until it gets voted on.

There really aren't even words for how dumb as hell these people are.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

evilweasel posted:

The CBO score will blow up whatever moderate support is left, cause it's going to be a terrible, terrible idea, so they have to try to ram it through before that can happen.

Wasn't that supposed to come out last night? Are they fixing margins and typos? Is everything held together on the Hill right now with spit and baling twine?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Burn, motherfuckers, burn.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Ryan's real dumb and let himself be put in this position, but he thinks he's smart enough to find a way out of it (he ain't, there's no such answer)

I can't decide whether I'm enjoying Ryan or Trump more in all this. Obviously Trump deserves so much more of an rear end-kicking than he'll ever receive, but there is just something about Ryan. I have this visceral disgust for the guy, like he's something I just saw crawl out of my sink.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

evilweasel posted:

If the Senate has to pass something by the end of May, nobody told Republican Senators:

I am pretty sure the end of May deadline is a myth given that I'd expect Cornyn, as the majority whip, to know if he had a hard deadline like that.

Yes, John Cornyn would never knowingly lie to a reporter.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Rad Valtar posted:

My representative voted for the bill so I'm thinking about flooding his email and answering machine with messages asking if he will be attending the funerals of all the people he decided to kill.

Also there's a website somewhere where you can send faxes for free to a Congressthing.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

evilweasel posted:

Do that. The more backlash the more the Senate will get nervous about following suit. And get your friends to do the same.

What if I show up at their office and start screaming at a staffer? From the next state over?

I just got custody of my two toddlers because my wife spent a decade beating the living poo poo out of my body and mind and we're all on Medicaid because despite having a PhD and a research position at a major university our family is still below the poverty cutoff and I just got diagnosed with throat cancer so maybe they will pardon me for not giving a red-assed buttfuck about which piece of Congressional dogshit is my own personal representative?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

so when does Senate vote? Someone said "tomorrow" but that might be overlap in date from today's vote

They can't vote until they have a CBO score on whatever the gently caress it is they're voting on.

And the CBO has to actually read the damned thing and think about it and run calculations before they release a report, can you imagine such a thing? Much easier to just judge and vote and die without reading, bing bing bong so simple.

Arkane posted:

I have a super expensive and super lovely Obamacare plan that I am obligated to buy. Will that part become fixed by this bill?

Well look who the gently caress it is.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Arkane posted:

I have a super expensive and super lovely Obamacare plan that I am obligated to buy. Will that part become fixed by this bill?

Yes, as will the part where I have awesome coverage that costs me literally one-tenth of what my employer-based plan would, along with my two small children who were born premature and have pre-existing conditions.

You Nazi gently caress. Get the gently caress out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

VitalSigns posted:

:confused:

Why would you want to be uninsured.

He doesn't; he's a disingenuous, greedy little scumbag who thought he had something clever to poo poo out of his mouth before tucking into a warm bed tonight.