Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Missing Donut
Apr 24, 2003

Trying to lead a middle-aged life. Well, it's either that or drop dead.

Bueno Papi posted:

You and me both buddy. :hfive:

AFAIK this is the latest polling on the ACA favorables.

http://kff.org/health-reform/poll-finding/kaiser-health-tracking-poll-future-directions-for-the-aca-and-medicaid/

The medicaid bits are truly eye-opening.

Part of the problem of the Medicaid question is that the options were to keep Medicaid as is, or choose between two replacements. Dan Ariely has talked about this as leading to a natural default to the status quo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missing Donut
Apr 24, 2003

Trying to lead a middle-aged life. Well, it's either that or drop dead.

VitalSigns posted:

Oh I see, thanks.

Hey do you happen to understand why getting rid of the ACA taxes in 2017 lets them cut even more taxes in 2018 via reconciliation without the 10-year sunset. I don't get that part.

They want to get rid of $1T in ACA taxes. If they can offset them with Medicaid cuts in the AHCA bill, that's $1T closer to revenue neutrality in the tax bill and then they can use reconciliation.