Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

One of the more esoteric parts of the AHCA is that it bans you from Medicaid if you win the lottery.

This doesn't actually have a test to it though, right? So if you ever win the lottery you can never get support, even if you're bankrupt?

Also, it seems like there are around 250 $1 million+ lottery winners in a year across all 50 states.

Also, my only wish is that there's success in labeling this Republicare just because I want this albatross hung over the whole party and not just Trump. Please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Peven Stan posted:

It's not even a good mandate. If I need an organ transplant that might cost 1 million + then jacking my premium from 450 to 600 is still a bargain.

And when you think about it the percentage is meaningless overall if I'm reading this correctly. If I'm healthy (and dumb) I can skip health insurance for 10 or 20 years until something comes up. And that 30% for the first year is dwarfed by the savings in not paying premiums for decades.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
I quite like the idea that you need to plan out your life route in order to min max your ability to live, essentially making life like an RPG speedrun. "The game will enroll you in high school but you need to immediately drop out or you'll lose the health care bonus in Act 3. Around this time you'll want to start smoking so that you can apply the cessation class multiplier bonus and the green numbers over your head will be large enough to heal the red from smoking."

The adversarial tone to these health care proposals is never not amazing to me. It's kind of novel to make people afraid to use their health care for fear of points penalty.