Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The AHCA also nearly doubles the cap on Health Savings Account contributions. A couple can now contribute a little over 13k per year.

If you are generally healthy and have used up all of your tax-advantaged retirement space, then this is like another 13k a year you can invest or stash tax-free and withdraw with no penalty when you're 65.

That's a significant boost for high-income and generally healthy people.

Do HSAs have an earnings cap for contributions like 401ks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Subvisual Haze posted:

You're thinking of Roth IRAs not 401k. But no, no earnings cap for HSA. Even the Roth IRA earnings limitation is incredibly easy to circumvent (fund a traditional ira, immediately convert it to a Roth IRA, pay no tax because it has no earnings).

I was actually thinking of the Highly Compensated Employee stuff, but apparently that just has to do with employer match rather than employee contributions.

But of course middle class fuckers will decide that being able to sock away an additional 6500 in their HSA yearly is worth watching millions die.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

No guarantee they'll control the Senate for part C.

And it's gonna be hard to get a partial law passed, even with the GOP because who is going to vote for something that if not completed (and honestly even if completed) is going to alienate old people and tons of others for insurance company money. Some, but surely not a majority.

I hope.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

the best negotiator on the planet.

Quite the cult of personality you've got there, Mr President. Shame if something happened to it.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Twerk from Home posted:

Homer would be getting Obamacare subsidies with his 3 kids, but would have a dramatically decreased subsidy under the AHCA.

Yeah, but what year was this? Looks like he makes roughly 10.50/hr before tax. If that was 1992 (call it season 3ish), then that would adjust to 18.17 or so now.

Yeah... he's not going to be doing well with 3 kids and needing the AHCA.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Reminder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT3Px11xN-0

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

"Rookie mistake"

Dammit Nancy, do something right.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

oh my god Paul Ryan really does skip leg day.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Yeah it would be truly terrible if we made it so that people who wanted to become doctors could do so for free and then provide care that didn't have the cost of medical school loans baked in.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

evilweasel posted:

I figure Kansas has had enough of True Conservatism for a little while, actually. They're not sticking their dick back in that electrical socket for at least a year. That should be enough time to forget how completely Brownbeck wrecked their state.

The only way Kansas figured out how hosed up it is involves health insurance ceasing to cover all the Xanax that every JoCo housewife and househusband are tanked to the loving gills on.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Well let's look at our current elected leadership.... Yes. Yes, I do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

bawfuls posted:

This is not what happened with the ACA

I'm not sure how that analogy should go.

You pushed for Jersey Mikes, but instead your mom gave you white bread with bologna that had been sitting out for a couple hours instead?