Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

DrNutt posted:

Yup. Can't wait to die slowly thanks to an easily treatable disease. Guess I shouldn't have gotten diabetes!

Nonsense. Once costs spiral completely out of control, you'll be dying quickly.

_____:gop: :smith:_____

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

:catstare:

AHA is the 4th largest lobbying group in America. AARP is top-20, and controls a lot of the info that gets out to the greyhairs. Them spiking this deal means it is a legendarily bad bill.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

http://i.imgur.com/jsgpzCS.mp4

:lol:

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

evilweasel posted:

a third of the loving democrats caucus with Republicans.
how is... my brain... that doesn't...

:aaaaa:

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

KillHour posted:

What the gently caress does this even mean?

"don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good" is a pretty famous phrase; he's saying they need to vote for this poo poo bill now, rather than wait for a less-poo poo (to them) bill later.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

cis autodrag posted:

The only way to have something analogous nationally would be for the government to mandate prices for all services. Which is a thing other countries do, Japan has had success with it, but it wouldn't fly with America's brokebrains free market religious fervor.l
Maryland totally does this, though. An appendectomy costs the exact same no matter where you get it done. So it's not impossible.

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Mar 8, 2017

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

This Paul McLeod fellow is a pro follow:

https://twitter.com/pdmcleod/status/839655678641860609

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Party Plane Jones posted:

That's one fine looking piece of pizza.
I am a fan of the salami-sized pepperoni, roasted to a curl.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

It really is a shame that Alan Grayson turned out to be a huge piece of poo poo wife-beater or whatever, because his firebrand speech about the Republican Health Care plan from 2009 is really excellent.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

KillHour posted:

her food stamps are being reduced to $16 / month.
:stare:

KillHour posted:

gently caress paul ryan
:yeah:

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

I think the problem is that Paul Ryan was bullied for being poor as a kid, and he internalized that poor = not fit to live.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

"Speaker Ryan, would you say "Work Equals Freedom" under your proposed AHCA? And would you print that on the healthcare forms, or would you use the original German?"

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Confounding Factor posted:

Am I overlooking something?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2VG53RIJ50&t=25s

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

SousaphoneColossus posted:

It kinda reminds me how people in Seattle were stuck for years and years on the idea of monorails, to the exclusion of all other grade-separated rail, for expanding public transit.
As a Seattlite, I can say that we'll be damned if we let those fuckers in Shelbyville have one and not us!

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

If there's no EHB then what is the point of buying insurance?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Wait.... votes against? Like, the Kochs want nay votes?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

PhazonLink posted:

Soooooo is it off topic to ask "How do I healthcare without insurance?" if the worst happens later today.
1) Don't get sick

2) If you do get sick, die quickly

(h/t to Alan Greyson for this outline)

I'm not kidding about dying quickly, either. If you rack up a half-million dollar hospital bill, your next-of-kin will probably be on the hook for it, despite sins of the father literally being forbidden in the constitution.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

hobbesmaster posted:

quote:

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/845291289058787330
^^^ Jeb lost, no need for Terry Schiavo jokes
:wow:

I just want to let you know you're doing god's work here.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Do have the version of that with tiny plastic dinosaurs? I lost mine a few years ago.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Radical idea: Stop having gofundme campaigns for your one person, start buying congressmen. David Scott's corporate owners will never let Medicare for All happen, so let's buy him and end these horror stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

i am harry posted:

In more, "You don't go to an American hospital to get better," news, a woman in a decade-long vegetative state just gave birth.

OK so an orderly or whoever took advantage of her, and that's sad, but how does the family let that pregnancy continue? Also, :nms: :cry: :nms: