Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Looks bad folks. Lots of tornados down the whole middle of the US. Any of you dyin?

Blow me!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

lol I wish

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
It's supposed to rain tonight here, like hard. Idk about tornado tho

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
Illinois reporting in. Tornadoes have submitted to me my entire life, and I'm not about to let those fuckers win now. That being said bad weather owns and makes for a chill night.

(If you take my house tornado, let me live so I can collect the insurance money please, thanks bro)

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
the severe part passed over my house about 20 mins ago and lasted for about 3 minutes ama

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sadly not me

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

OKC reporting in, not getting killed today, maybe tomorrow!

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe
Hope you all dont make it.

Blow me.

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Node posted:

the severe part passed over my house about 20 mins ago and lasted for about 3 minutes ama
did you huddle in the basment? were u scared?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Its windy in the Windy City! But we don't get tornadoes here.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

i like that posted:

did you huddle in the basment? were u scared?

i went to the basement but when the strong winds started i stood up like a boss and gave the weather the ol' finger

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

like a record baby right round round round

I'm currently huddled in my basement with my toddler stuffed into my bug out bag, eating emergency rations. Removed all my windows earlier today so that the shards couldnt kill me except now its wet in this house. Thank god for sump pumps am I right or what?!

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I'm not going to be killed by a tornado.. All I need to worry about is a volcano, super quake, or both

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
It's really loving windy

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Kuato posted:

I'm not going to be killed by a tornado.. All I need to worry about is a volcano, super quake, or both

one time I ate this steak, probably the best I've had in my life... cooked right in front of me on a lava stone, like from a volcano. I was quaking it was so super good.

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe
Someone get back to me when nothing happened.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Alright, just went outside and shoved my chairs and porch poo poo into a corner. Is that gonna do anything to keep them from blowing through my neighbor's window like a rocket?

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe

Ruggan posted:

Alright, just went outside and shoved my chairs and porch poo poo into a corner. Is that gonna do anything to keep them from blowing through my neighbor's window like a rocket?

Chuck some occy straps around them

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Let me check Frankie McDonald's YouTube.

I don't see anything, should be fine.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

my porch has piles of 2x4s and assorted metal scraps, bunch of full cans of paint and about a years worth of glass bottles for recycling someone's house is gonna get hosed up, hope it's not mine

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe

Tom Gorman posted:

my porch has piles of 2x4s and assorted metal scraps, bunch of full cans of paint and about a years worth of glass bottles for recycling someone's house is gonna get hosed up, hope it's not mine

Spread them all spaced out evenly and flat on the ground, like a nice lawn area, so they are essentially "ducking" the wind.

Only way to be safe.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*Is sucked into a violent tornado vortex and impaled by 30 stalks of corn*

EAAAAATTTTT FRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Verily I Shat posted:

Spread them all spaced out evenly and flat on the ground, like a nice lawn area, so they are essentially "ducking" the wind.

Only way to be safe.

i propped everything up on the railings to ensure maximum lift before the hail started falling, i hope my debris maelstrom destroys everything my neighbors own.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

ever notice tornadoes never hit the rich or important parts of the country?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

500 good dogs posted:

this but the opposite next time a hurricane/earthquake levels the rich parts

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe

Tom Gorman posted:

i propped everything up on the railings to ensure maximum lift before the hail started falling, i hope my debris maelstrom destroys everything my neighbors own.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
many hours were spent hiding in the central hallway surrounded by pillows as a child. kind of over it at this point. kill me or don't, whatever.

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe

500 good dogs posted:

Kinda like plane flight paths, highways, mall towns etc,,,the richer people and people with power aren't necessarily stupid, they just certainly dont care about you.

Verily I Shat fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Mar 7, 2017

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
i didnt die from a tornado but my power was out for 5 godamn hours

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Toadvine posted:

this but the opposite next time a hurricane/earthquake levels the rich parts

:hellyeah: You never hear of a "super tornado" that's going to make Illinois or Kentucky fall into the drat ocean.

uber_stoat posted:

many hours were spent hiding in the central hallway surrounded by pillows as a child. kind of over it at this point. kill me or don't, whatever.

This was me but we'd drag my mattress (closest room) into the hallway.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
just barely missed me, sorry guys you'll have to put up with me a while longer!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm in SE Wisconsin. This should be fun.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm just barely inside the green edge but the non-tornado storms seem to have passed

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

uber_stoat posted:

That was always fun and spooky for me. :unsmith:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Verily I Shat posted:

Kinda like plane flight paths, highways, mall towns etc,,,the richer people and people with power aren't necessarily stupid, they just certainly dont care about you.

no you misunderstand, I'm actually a rich guy. I'm actually shamefully excited for the terrible loving ACA repeal because it's going to save me a bunch of money by removing the 0.9% tax on income over 250k

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

I voted for bernie though

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
Natgeo documentary about the big tornado that killed a group of their storm chasers, with lots of video from other storm chasers thats fairly terrifying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFlSmmHMw0o

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
suicide via tornado seems like a neat but inconsistent method

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
And far too painful and prolonged.

• Locked thread