Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pre ordered the digital copy today and it comes with this baller theme and a cool song

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

I preordered the physical copy and I'm getting a controller skin which is dumb but I kind of want to use it

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
this game isnt out already? every time i turn on my ps4, since sunday, one of my friends has been online playing it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think a lot of people broke street date since hype levels are maximum.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord

In Training posted:

I think a lot of people broke street date since hype levels are maximum.

I got my copy in NYC almost a week ago. Spoilers: Persona 5 is very good

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
im playing thru persona 4 but no way i will finish before 5. so i just want to say to all my jrpg gamer friends; have fun.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

preordered because that steelbook is fuckin sexy

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

R. Guyovich posted:

preordered because that steelbook is fuckin sexy

gonna do the same but i think digitally because i want that theme. anyone knows what the music is like ?

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
the only PS4 game i own is Bloodborne and this is gonna be number 2

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The review embargo ended and it the game is getting a lot of praise all over the place. The story is apperently 100 hours long.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

free basket of chips posted:

The review embargo ended and it the game is getting a lot of praise all over the place. The story is apperently 100 hours long.

what in the world... sorry i'm stupidly ignorant of basically everything since the ps2 but why is this game / series such a huge deal? a dating sim coupled with jrpg combat?

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Its actually pretty fun balancing normal school life with fighting demons and poo poo.

And the soundtrack is rad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Marching Powder posted:

what in the world... sorry i'm stupidly ignorant of basically everything since the ps2 but why is this game / series such a huge deal? a dating sim coupled with jrpg combat?

Persona 3/4 are unparalleled for me in games I've played where the mere act of just like, sitting somewhere in game with no real purpose is totally enjoyable

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I have never played these before is it worth starting earlier or can I just pick up the new on right away?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Marching Powder posted:

persona hasnt had a new game since the ps2

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

julian assflange posted:

I have never played these before is it worth starting earlier or can I just pick up the new on right away?

they are independent from each other

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

julian assflange posted:

It's worth starting earlier in that Persona 3 and 4 are two of the best games ever and you should play them but you won't be missing story or anything if you play 5 first.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

SMT style systems are fun to play, almost every character is interesting, and like In Training said the Persona game world is just fun to inhabit for lack of a better word. Every part of these games come together in a way few other series do, they are pretty cohesive despite what the sticker might suggest

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

At most there will be a reference to an older game in the series that you won't understand, but the stories themselves have been pretty contained to their own thing. Just get P5

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JulmXSbWF0

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I wish I could use the Share functionality for the funny lines :(

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

julian assflange posted:

Play 3 and 4 first if you think you might want to play 300+ hours of anime because if you play 5 first and try to go back the other ones probably won't seem as good. It's really hard to play 3 after playing 4 due to all the quality of life improvements.

And while I haven't played 5, after seeing the Baton Pass they're adding in 5, I think it would be something you'd sorely miss if you went back.

One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013

Fumaofthelake posted:

Play 3 and 4 first if you think you might want to play 300+ hours of anime because if you play 5 first and try to go back the other ones probably won't seem as good. It's really hard to play 3 after playing 4 due to all the quality of life improvements.

And while I haven't played 5, after seeing the Baton Pass they're adding in 5, I think it would be something you'd sorely miss if you went back.

are the additions/improvements in Persona 4 Golden worth buying a Vita?

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

they have really really good art direction and music + the some of the rad gameplay stuff from smt

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

One Man Trash posted:

are the additions/improvements in Persona 4 Golden worth buying a Vita?

Idk about a Vita but I think Playstation TVs are still dirt cheap right? So you can play with the enhancements on a full size TV. Golden adds a lot of great quality of life stuff on the edges, adds a new dungeon/character/storyline which is...its fine. And then fixes like the one thing about the original game that I thought was a glaring flaw and has a new possible ending to boot which is cool.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

It also makes some of the early bosses easier, for some reason.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Fumaofthelake posted:

I thought it was easy to go to the PSP port of 3 but that had quality of life improvements right?

One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013

In Training posted:

Idk about a Vita but I think Playstation TVs are still dirt cheap right? So you can play with the enhancements on a full size TV. Golden adds a lot of great quality of life stuff on the edges, adds a new dungeon/character/storyline which is...its fine. And then fixes like the one thing about the original game that I thought was a glaring flaw and has a new possible ending to boot which is cool.

Oh i never remember the PSTV exists. Thanks for the rundown, IT.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

One Man Trash posted:

Oh i never remember the PSTV exists. Thanks for the rundown, IT.

it's actually cheaper to buy a second hand ps3 and a dozen games than a pstv where i'm at, and p5 is releasing on the ps3 for some reason, so for someone in my situation that's worth considering if there really is like 300+ hours of entertainment in just these three games.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Fumaofthelake posted:

i played 3 fes after 4 and loved it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Same here. It's slightly less fun to play because the partner AI gets weird like 0.5% of your playthrough and those moments can be super annoying but it's got a pretty distinct vibe from 4 and is an amazing game start to finish

b0ner of doom
Mar 17, 2006
P3P added the ability to command your party and stuff so that's a good version if you have a Vita

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

god drat persona 4 is so good

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

shipping today.........

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is the worst day of my life because my PS4 just tonight got that hardware failure where the power button thhinks it's pressed all the time so the console is constantly turning itself on or off if I leave it plugged in to the wall :stonk: i can't deal with this, persona is days away

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

This is the worst day of my life because my PS4 just tonight got that hardware failure where the power button thhinks it's pressed all the time so the console is constantly turning itself on or off if I leave it plugged in to the wall :stonk: i can't deal with this, persona is days away

Jesus Christ I'm sorry

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

can you open it up and repair it yourself? ive taken mine apart before for cleaning + thermal paste and it was super easy

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
tfw no ps3 or 4...

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

a Loving Dog posted:

can you open it up and repair it yourself? ive taken mine apart before for cleaning + thermal paste and it was super easy

if it's not in warranty i'd definitely give this a shot. sorry though man that sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Me, when my girlfriend tries to explain Persona:

When a Joseph Campbell and Carl Jung love each other very much–

• Locked thread