Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
[flipping through flash cards to prepare] Best Girl.. that means AIDS... got it... Waifu, oh I know that one, that's AIDS too, sweet.. H...husbando.. I think that means god tier... poo poo, nope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
my order has been delayed to the 5th

sadness overcomes me.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'll buy this once I get FF15 and Yakuza 0 locked down. Something to tide me over until Yakuza Kiwami

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
The dungeons are so cool!!

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

In Training posted:

This is the worst day of my life because my PS4 just tonight got that hardware failure where the power button thhinks it's pressed all the time so the console is constantly turning itself on or off if I leave it plugged in to the wall :stonk: i can't deal with this, persona is days away

i had this happen, except with the eject button once it gets hot

i took it in to gamestop after letting it cool and traded it for a ps4 pro, i feel sorry for the kid who has to exchange my ps4 out in the future

sorry kid

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My preload is complete and my PS4 seems to be working fine again. One more day

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Yeah actually my advice was kind of dumb because I don't like the newer versions of either 3 or 4. I could just never get in to them (I bought FES but only played The Answer). It's probably because I played the vanilla versions of 3 and 4 twice each anyway and couldn't commit to playing another 80 hours with the new stuff (though I didn't like not being able to walk around in P3P and hated the new character in 4).

Play whatever the newest version of the game you're interested in is and you should be good. They are all really good games. It's a shame Persona and (to a lesser extent) 2 have aged so poorly because there is some wild poo poo in those games.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Fumaofthelake posted:

Yeah actually my advice was kind of dumb because I don't like the newer versions of either 3 or 4. I could just never get in to them (I bought FES but only played The Answer). It's probably because I played the vanilla versions of 3 and 4 twice each anyway and couldn't commit to playing another 80 hours with the new stuff (though I didn't like not being able to walk around in P3P and hated the new character in 4).

Play whatever the newest version of the game you're interested in is and you should be good. They are all really good games. It's a shame Persona and (to a lesser extent) 2 have aged so poorly because there is some wild poo poo in those games.

The final boss of 2 was the high point of the whole series tbh

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
is tokyo mirage sessions any good

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

bump_fn posted:

it's ok. it loses steam halfway through, but it's really good before that

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

My amazon preorder is arriving today. This has never happened to me before. I feel like the kid who's uncle works at nintendo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

12 hours until I'll be playing persona 5.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

bump_fn posted:

I love the aesthetic and some of the ideas but ultimately found the gameplay somewhat lacking. I don't like that you need to grind with weapons Final Fantasy 9 style to get / power-up abilities but I do like that sometimes your attacks turn into jpop clips.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
the steal my heart edition of p5 is arriving tomorrow and as soon as i finish work i am going to play it all night

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

4 more hours.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

I received my copy today. Just put the disc in, and its time to game. :cool:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
This game is so stylish. It is good.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Seeing my eurogamers getting P5 trophies..

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Thanks GameStop you giant piece of poo poo for selling me my copy at 9pm it's time to call upon the me that is inside of me, Persona

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
really jealous of all these people who got the game early by hook and crook

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm planning on pulling an all nighter tonight because I don't have to be anywhere tomorrow, ftw.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

I'd call out of work tomorrow to play but my wife would make fun of me haha.

Goddamn this opening sequence though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SItting for the next 5 minutes staring at the unlock countdown timer. See you all on the other side

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
The theme of rebellion against society and injustice is really cool. All the confidants are people who got screwed over by the system or people abusing their power in some way.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Just found out that Philemon is some dude from the Bible who is all about forgiveness and reconciliation.... hope my best bud Philemon comes back finally.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is the most stylish game ever. The menus alone have more personality than most entire games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I won't post specifics yet because most people are asleep or not playing till tomorrow but I absolutely cannot wait to experience 97 more hours of this world

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

In Training posted:

This is the most stylish game ever. The menus alone have more personality than most entire games

Yes. Yes!

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

In Training posted:

I won't post specifics yet because most people are asleep or not playing till tomorrow but I absolutely cannot wait to experience 97 more hours of this world

Currently driving trying to track down the ups truck with my game on it so i can pull over the driver at gunpoint and get my video game

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
congratulations to those playing the good game. i'll see you in ~3 years in the persona 5 pwns thread when i get around to playing it.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
igors new voice is weird

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm picking up my copy today but I probably won't be able to touch it until Friday :(

Raymond Hog
Nov 28, 2013

a Loving Dog posted:

igors new voice is weird

yeah i feel it doesnt fit him so far

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

a Loving Dog posted:

igors new voice is weird

This threw me for a loop but I also don't know what his JP voice ever sounded like so maybe they're just making it closer to that?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The HD demon models look soooooooo good

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

In Training posted:

This threw me for a loop but I also don't know what his JP voice ever sounded like so maybe they're just making it closer to that?

He should have a new JP voice too since his original VA passed away in 2010. I don't know what the english VA sounds like because the game isn't here yet but I remember the JP trailers he had a really deep and menacing voice, which was odd.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

He has a really deep and almost menacing voice compared to his old voice. I'm pretty sure they layered some mild distortion over it as well. Dude sounds wild

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They're really dealing with some heady stuff in this first story arc.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

his englsh and japanese VA died like a month apart from each othr. before th game came out people wre speculating that Elizabeth would replace hm in the velvet room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

im workin from home today nd don't have much work to do but my copys not here until tomorrow, ths is loving unreal

• Locked thread