Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I kinda can't believe it but the story of this game is structured to make it so the player easily agrees with militant radicalism lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

In Training posted:

militant radicalism

:yeah:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Like, christ...early mechanics stuff the first after school activity you're given access to is "hang out in your attic and craft homemade bombs" lmao

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

In Training posted:

Like, christ...early mechanics stuff the first after school activity you're given access to is "hang out in your attic and craft homemade bombs" lmao

fffffffffffffffffffff I wanna play more so bad that sounds rad

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
1 ferry ride and 2 flights and then it's motha fuckin gamer time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Every new animation and sound effect makes me freak out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only thing I don't like about the game is that you can't take screenshots which is stupid.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Hoping it's like Alpha Protocol irt wanna walk out of that interrogation room later and murder everyone

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

In Training posted:

The only thing I don't like about the game is that you can't take screenshots which is stupid.

Yeah wanted to screenshot the creepy dude saying the police are my bitches, but wasn't allowed to. Thanks Sony

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Idk why but I think everything outside of the main menu is blocked from the sharing stuff. The gently caress!

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Ludwig van Halen posted:

Yeah wanted to screenshot the creepy dude saying the police are my bitches, but wasn't allowed to. Thanks Sony

Pretty sure that would be Atlus' decision, not Sony.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

this game loving owns

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Apparently I had this shipped to the office and now I get to carry this home

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
good news
https://twitter.com/doomquasar/status/849019125154422786

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
just gone done playing this game for 5 hours and it's good.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
RPG of the fuckin century I'm going guts n gunz build this run.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's so many screenshots I wanna take. The share ban is criminal.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Godlike rainy day feels:

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
I could watch the battle win animation forever I think.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'm very envious of everyone who is playing this.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The baton pass and gun mechanics they've added to the Persona 3/4 combat is freaking sweet.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

I haven't gotten there yet but I feel like baton pass is going to be the #1 thing that feels missing going back to older SMT games.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I just realized I've been playing for 5 hours straight and I still haven't gotten through the first week lol

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Kongming posted:

I just realized I've been playing for 5 hours straight and I still haven't gotten through the first week lol

Persona V: The Phantom Pain

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kongming posted:

Time melts when I play this game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've been playing on Hard and have finished the first dungeon but I may drop it to normal because I like spending more time loving around town and doing social Link stuff. I came kinda close to the time limit on this first one.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

In Training posted:

They're really dealing with some heady stuff in this first story arc.

I audibly said "Oh, wow" during a certain scene, I wasn't expecting it to go so far.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord

In Training posted:

I've been playing on Hard and have finished the first dungeon but I may drop it to normal because I like spending more time loving around town and doing social Link stuff. I came kinda close to the time limit on this first one.

The first dungeon is the most challenging because you have so few options. I'm considering switching to Hard after the 4th dungeon because it's too easy on Normal.

You will probably have a different experience if you don't exploit the Death confidant.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kongming posted:

I audibly said "Oh, wow" during a certain scene, I wasn't expecting it to go so far.

Yeah I know exactly what scene you mean. That was brutal

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Is there a time limit between each plot point or smth?

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

myDad posted:

Is there a time limit between each plot point or smth?

You can choose your activities to an extent but they take up time. P3 and on give you time limits where certain dungeons have to be resolved by a specific date in game.

So if you need to grind a bunch it can mean many trips to the dungeon before clearing and coming closer to the deadline.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

I wish they would leave school again one day. Maybe it's just because of Maya in P2 but I feel like being an investigative journalist could be a perfect fit for the game where your leads dry up at a certain date or whatever.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope now that they have all the demon assets they make some more spinoffs instead of taking another 10 years on persona 6 for the PlayStation 7

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also the streaming restrictions aren't just on a PS4 level. Altus USA released a statement today that if you stream/release video of any part of the game after July 7th they're going to exercise their legal claim to the footage or whatever and pull your videos/channel. That's bizarre

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm only on 4/12 but I'm loving this game already

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Sorry for the Games style spoilers but I respect the game too much not to use them:

lmao @ Ryuji casually pulling a gun out

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I just finished the first day of school. There's a lot going on in just the first couple hours.

The aesthetics and music are rad as gently caress.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
why is it just an accepted thing that the gym teacher is dating ann wtf

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm only on 4/12 but I'm loving this game already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There is an entire social link and associated skill system devoted to brewing the perfect cup of coffee.

• Locked thread