Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
its really cool to me that the scenario and idea of personas fit really well together, and writing it is an accomplishment on its own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

igor sounds like a pitch shifted microsoft sam

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
im sorry for my prev post ann Orz

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

In Training posted:

There is an entire social link and associated skill system devoted to brewing the perfect cup of coffee.

That owns

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
:coffee:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

There is an entire social link and associated skill system devoted to brewing the perfect cup of coffee.

Jesus Christ I need this game

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

poo poo gets real pretty quickly.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
It's so good. Playing on hard and there's a certain mini boss in the first dungeon i wasn't quite ready for, but I beat it. Two seconds after that, three mobs spawn nearby and one got the drop on me, killed my MC and immediately ended my game. Game safely, friends.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
I wanted to play on hard, but I really want to just enjoy the first playthrough

i didn't know what to expect in terms of difficulty spike either

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hard isn't bad but half of my party dies in one hit so I have to clear encounters in one turn basically

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Kongming posted:

I audibly said "Oh, wow" during a certain scene, I wasn't expecting it to go so far.

i did this too lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Done for tonight. Got my 4th party member.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Had to patch up the system but it didnt require an install? I thought all disc games did, it just booted straight in

Got through the first couple days.. feels good to be back

Does vita remote play still work.. that'd be a way to increase potential gaming hours

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Should I go with Japanese audio? I played a bit and English sounds good enough for now but it's my first persona game and idk what to expect

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
The dub is good. The localization has some lines that scan poorly in English, but they seem mostly front-loaded in the prologue.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Black Baby Goku posted:

Strange Journey was the true sequel to nocturne, imo

quoting 4 page old post to echo that Strange Journey is Top tier SMT and is prolly in my personal top 3

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
OH gently caress did P5 just come out right beneath my drat nose.... My God. I gotta to buy a ps3, at least

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Loving the special results screens after all out attack wins

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

igors voice is freaking me out

it just sounds wrong :psyduck:

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Taking my time with this game. Going to play this + Yakuza 0 + Zelda all summer.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
got back from my vacation, time to fondle the steelbook

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

rediscover posted:

quoting 4 page old post to echo that Strange Journey is Top tier SMT and is prolly in my personal top 3

:yeah:

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

bump_fn posted:

why is it just an accepted thing that the gym teacher is dating ann wtf

Because the gym teacher is an Olympic medalist and out their sports team in the map. Societal heirarchy goes

American-ish ubermensch
Everyday Joe
Fair skinned teenage criminal

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Done for tonight. Got my 4th party member.

Her outfit is badas

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

In Training posted:

Her outfit is badas

"women aren't sex objects for you"

*knockdown stance is face down rear end up*

Writers and animators on opposite sides of the cafeteria giving each other dirty looks

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I wasn't expecting the end of a dungeon not to have a boss right away, but you have to spend a day making a calling card, then another day fighting the boss. Ended up using up 5 days worth of time on the first dungeon instead of the three I planned for.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The first boss design is soooooo good

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Yuuuup. Im definitely going to blow my own brains out with an AR-15 if my girlfriend doesnt buy a PS4 for the house soon :D

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
getting some real cowboy bebop feels from the stylish motion and groovy tunes. only just started, but what a gorgeous game..

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
lol my entire rear end is blasting with pain from sitting in airports and taxis for 17 straight hours but thnkfully i only notice it when i pause the game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Beating the first boss without media was a pain in the rear end, I should have just grinded the one level I needed for it, oops.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol my entire rear end is blasting with pain from sitting in airports and taxis for 17 straight hours but thnkfully i only notice it when i pause the game

Lol. Luckily you'll never want to

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

In Training posted:

Beating the first boss without media was a pain in the rear end, I should have just grinded the one level I needed for it, oops.

kinda wish those arc Angel were still spare ing I'm entire floors, I got killing those dudes in one turn down to a science and they give good exp

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao they have audio for the movies you can see now and it's amazing.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
you are a bad doctor

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shout out to everybody who wrote the objectives in the upper right

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

In Training posted:

Shout out to everybody who wrote the objectives in the upper right

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

The Milkman posted:

Had to patch up the system but it didnt require an install? I thought all disc games did, it just booted straight in

Got through the first couple days.. feels good to be back

Does vita remote play still work.. that'd be a way to increase potential gaming hours

Idk how PS4 disc installs work, but when I put the disc in it showed a progress bars for approximately 2 seconds and then let me play.

At first the game details showed its installed size as 459kb, but a little while later it changed to 20.3gb. :shrug:

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

In Training posted:

The boss fight was incredible. I had to do it twice, and almost failed the second time cuz I didn't do enough damage at first lol. What an amazing game!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Ludwig van Halen posted:

Idk how PS4 disc installs work, but when I put the disc in it showed a progress bars for approximately 2 seconds and then let me play.

At first the game details showed its installed size as 459kb, but a little while later it changed to 20.3gb. :shrug:

its basically a preplay system, like the first install size let's you play a bit of the beginning but after that it has to instal the rest of it. good for digital downloads

• Locked thread