Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Can't wait OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nocturne style SMTV on switch is going to be godlike

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

feels like i've been waiting 10 years for this game.....but it's only been 8.5 :cawg:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THanks for the reminder. Steelbook edition come with cool swag? Ill put my order down today

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

it comes with the game and the steelbook, but its also the same price as the normal edition

Hmm. was hoping for a soundtrack or something. Ah well, steelbook it is.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The KOFXIV steelbook came with a 60+ track soundtrack and I was like Awesome and then favorited the OST playlist on youtube and never looked at the cd again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

bump_fn posted:

how long until there's a spoiler free walk thru of who to hang out w every day to 100% the game I ain't got time for this poo poo

Like 5 months ago.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Atlus had their announcement stream and the only smt thing was a remake/update/new content of Strange Journey for 3DS.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Sounds good to me. I don't think I ever beat it

Ive heard its cool and almost bought it a couple weeks ago but now I'll definitely wait for the remake.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I went with digital because Im going to play it at midnight next Monday and stay up all night with copious coffee since I don't have to do anything Tuesday.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't believe Persona 5 is a mere week away. Next monday I'm going to stare at a well for 6 hours nervously checking the time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pre ordered the digital copy today and it comes with this baller theme and a cool song

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think a lot of people broke street date since hype levels are maximum.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Marching Powder posted:

what in the world... sorry i'm stupidly ignorant of basically everything since the ps2 but why is this game / series such a huge deal? a dating sim coupled with jrpg combat?

Persona 3/4 are unparalleled for me in games I've played where the mere act of just like, sitting somewhere in game with no real purpose is totally enjoyable

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JulmXSbWF0

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

One Man Trash posted:

are the additions/improvements in Persona 4 Golden worth buying a Vita?

Idk about a Vita but I think Playstation TVs are still dirt cheap right? So you can play with the enhancements on a full size TV. Golden adds a lot of great quality of life stuff on the edges, adds a new dungeon/character/storyline which is...its fine. And then fixes like the one thing about the original game that I thought was a glaring flaw and has a new possible ending to boot which is cool.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Same here. It's slightly less fun to play because the partner AI gets weird like 0.5% of your playthrough and those moments can be super annoying but it's got a pretty distinct vibe from 4 and is an amazing game start to finish

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is the worst day of my life because my PS4 just tonight got that hardware failure where the power button thhinks it's pressed all the time so the console is constantly turning itself on or off if I leave it plugged in to the wall :stonk: i can't deal with this, persona is days away

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My preload is complete and my PS4 seems to be working fine again. One more day

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

12 hours until I'll be playing persona 5.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

4 more hours.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm planning on pulling an all nighter tonight because I don't have to be anywhere tomorrow, ftw.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SItting for the next 5 minutes staring at the unlock countdown timer. See you all on the other side

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is the most stylish game ever. The menus alone have more personality than most entire games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I won't post specifics yet because most people are asleep or not playing till tomorrow but I absolutely cannot wait to experience 97 more hours of this world

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

a Loving Dog posted:

igors new voice is weird

This threw me for a loop but I also don't know what his JP voice ever sounded like so maybe they're just making it closer to that?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The HD demon models look soooooooo good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They're really dealing with some heady stuff in this first story arc.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I kinda can't believe it but the story of this game is structured to make it so the player easily agrees with militant radicalism lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Like, christ...early mechanics stuff the first after school activity you're given access to is "hang out in your attic and craft homemade bombs" lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Every new animation and sound effect makes me freak out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only thing I don't like about the game is that you can't take screenshots which is stupid.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Idk why but I think everything outside of the main menu is blocked from the sharing stuff. The gently caress!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's so many screenshots I wanna take. The share ban is criminal.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Godlike rainy day feels:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The baton pass and gun mechanics they've added to the Persona 3/4 combat is freaking sweet.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kongming posted:

I just realized I've been playing for 5 hours straight and I still haven't gotten through the first week lol

Time melts when I play this game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've been playing on Hard and have finished the first dungeon but I may drop it to normal because I like spending more time loving around town and doing social Link stuff. I came kinda close to the time limit on this first one.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kongming posted:

I audibly said "Oh, wow" during a certain scene, I wasn't expecting it to go so far.

Yeah I know exactly what scene you mean. That was brutal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope now that they have all the demon assets they make some more spinoffs instead of taking another 10 years on persona 6 for the PlayStation 7

• Locked thread