Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also the streaming restrictions aren't just on a PS4 level. Altus USA released a statement today that if you stream/release video of any part of the game after July 7th they're going to exercise their legal claim to the footage or whatever and pull your videos/channel. That's bizarre

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There is an entire social link and associated skill system devoted to brewing the perfect cup of coffee.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hard isn't bad but half of my party dies in one hit so I have to clear encounters in one turn basically

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Done for tonight. Got my 4th party member.

Her outfit is badas

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The first boss design is soooooo good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Beating the first boss without media was a pain in the rear end, I should have just grinded the one level I needed for it, oops.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol my entire rear end is blasting with pain from sitting in airports and taxis for 17 straight hours but thnkfully i only notice it when i pause the game

Lol. Luckily you'll never want to

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao they have audio for the movies you can see now and it's amazing.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shout out to everybody who wrote the objectives in the upper right

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Morgana is full of so many secrets

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Here's a joke for people who have made past the first dungeon:

Ryuji: Oh no...Im using the cat bus!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kongming posted:

I went to the diner 4-5 times in a row before midterms but level 2 knowledge isn't enough to ace exams. Gah!

I've been working on charm and kindness so I can pick up chicks.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

Are there autosaves or checkpoints happening in the background in the game? I dunno if I should be worrying about saving often, especially since so much of the game doesnt let you freely save (so far)

There's something happening every time you sleep I think? Because when I died on the final boss of the first dungeon and was very close to the deadline, one of my options was "Roll back 5 days?"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

That was in P4 as well, it's so the game doesn't become literally unbeatable if you gamed your way into a corner

Yeah. I just save every chance I get because I'm also afraid of my PS4 turning itself off again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got some personas like triple my level for preordering digital, idk if that's on the physical versions.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

As of tomorrow afternoon I'm on spring break until 4/17 :staredog:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mycophobia posted:

My real rear end name

Same here

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What's everyone's favorite menu. Mine so far is at the walk in clinic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Soft ban on the battle results screen though because it's too good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

nuoh my god there's a vocal version

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Incredible, the fast travel map will list social links that you haven't found yet but are ready to be found. That's very nice

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Drifting off to sleep with the Tokyo theme playing in my head...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pumping my fist at the theme of the second dungeon, thinking about all the cool poo poo that's gonna be inside

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's cool that they just put Tartarus in this game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's a scene in this that made cry from laughter becUse they pulled like a Austin Powers level punchline

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I found the one thing I don't like about this game and it's that always annoying RPG mechanic where if the MC dies it's an insta game over.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fumaofthelake posted:

I had 3hp last night wondering if that was the case

I just lost like a half hour of dungeon crawling because I was trying to figure out what an enemies weakness was and when their turn came around they one shot MC from full health with just a physical attack.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In fact every enemy in the game can one shot all of my team still. So it's got the same style of SMT4 where if you don't get the first strike you have like a 90% chance of game over, which is cool. Harder than P4 for sure, but I think I played that game on normal

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah I reached the boss of the second one and I'm gonna need to like...comeback later after leveling up and doing side quests to beat it O_o

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

when youre insanely hype about gameing but you gotta be productive

OMG

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's crosswords?????

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dan Didio posted:

Yeah, I figured there was going to be more to do or a mini-boss or something and wasted the most time possible.

Ann...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In the past you wanted to finish them ASAP so you could focus on social stuff

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't beat the second boss

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It took me like 5 attempts and over an hour of playing but I beat it phew

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TFW you beat a boss and every single party member levels up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kongming posted:

I feel like there's way more stuff to do in this game and they give you less time to do it in. I unlocked a confidant that may help with that but I haven't seen an opportunity to use the skill yet.

I may start taking notes on all the stuff I want to do because there's a ton of opportunities all over the city constantly

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

hubris.height posted:

"time to button mash" is my favorite selection made so far

"We hate cops"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What's the best way to level up guts

• Locked thread