Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'm very envious of everyone who is playing this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

There is an entire social link and associated skill system devoted to brewing the perfect cup of coffee.

Jesus Christ I need this game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

what did u guys choose for your protagonist names?

Haven't gotten the game yet but I'm gonna go with my real name for sure

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I have the game.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

im so loving into the art style, its so good

It's the most stylish game I've ever seen

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'm only about 4 hours in but I'm loving this poo poo. I played a bunch of P3 but never beat it, but this game is really sinking its claws into me

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mycophobia posted:

It's Monday and I just wanna go home and play Persona

Same. I brought my Vita to work so I can try to remote play on my lunch break

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Time to button mash

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol. Two palaces down, also lmao at The Cake Knight Rises

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I just got the temperance confidant last night and lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Temperance spoilers calling my teacher and paying her to come over in a maid outfit and call me master makes me feel really gross but the rewards are so good lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This is very quickly becoming one of my favorite games ever.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

i havnt been able to play since sunday nd i'm losing my mind. still havnt even started the second palace

I played for almost 9 hours last night. This year has been extremely good for games that have sucked away hours at a time

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Two gay men just stole Ryuji away somewhere.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I hope the next palace is a gay man's rear end.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

drat Makoto's Persona form is badass

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Why is Sojiro's s.link stuck at 2 for me?? No matter how many times I hang out with him it never changes. I gotta be missing something

His is really slow to advance for some reason. Try making coffee too, that seems to advance things sometimes too

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

hubris.height posted:

i really like how the difficulty curve in the palaces is such that if you've been doing mementos, keeping up on personas, and have a few of the time consuming items for sp you can totally clear it all in one night, but its very challenging

Yeah I managed to do the third palace in one night, it was a little hairy at times but it's totally doable

In Training posted:

Once I bought 4 SP recovery bracelets from Dr Death it hasn't been an issue

drat what rank do those unlock at?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

7 I believe. Or they unlock before then but w/o the discount they're prohibitively expensive

Cool. I think I'm up to 4 with her I think, I haven't seen it yet but I haven't been to the clinic in a while

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

i love the cuts to the future when you make a new friend

"A group like yours needs a hearty breakfast. Someone had to have been supplying doughnuts to you. What do you say to that?"
I AM THOU

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Mishima is a psychopath.

I thought he was nice but weird until I got to the rank where he wanted some celebrity's heart changed because he was dating an idol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Upgrading the temperance confidant be like

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

omg just barely beat palace 3 in one night, so fun. i think if i died once more i woulda gave up right near the end

It was very satisfying to do palace 3 in one night. I felt like a badass

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I spoiled myself on the reward for the shogi girl confidant and now I'm furiously grinding Charm so I can put the moves on her in church

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Thinking about Persona 5

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I wish it was easier to tell how many points you need to rank up a social stat but I guess part of the fun is just trying until it does. I've been trying to grind up Charm so I can talk to the shogi girl, I'm gonna be one suave motherfucker by the end

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I usually let the story play out with the dungeon first time, then clear out mementos and do the dungeon for real the following day

I usually do the story dungeon stuff, then if I need lockpicks I'll spend a night crafting and do the dungeon the following day.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Lmfao when you can hear the girls trying on swimsuits and pushing their boobs around Ryuji's idle animation is constantly swapping which leg he has crossed and wiggling uncomfortably in his chair.

Lmao. Ryuji ftw. I stayed up way too late playing this last night but I beat the fourth palace and maxed out my first confidant (Ryuji of course)

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Now that I have SP accessories doing dungeons in one day has become almost trivial. Had to stop playing midway thru the fourth dungeon last night due to work but, I'm loving it. I might kick the difficulty up to hard depending how the rest of the run goes

The SP accessories definitely help a lot, with the most expensive ones a lot of the time you'll regain more SP in a turn than you use.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I love the whole Thieves cast in this one. Well same with P3 and 4 too. Yusuke is my fave

I lolled last night when Yusuke took me to the church and made me pose like Jesus on the cross

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

a Loving Dog posted:

i dont have death arcana up enough to have sp items but 4th dungeon was much much easier than the 3rd anyway

Yeah 4 was way easier for sure, more safe rooms and less time between them, and each section was kind of its own self-contained thing. I really like how they change up the dungeons

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I'm probably gonna end up going with Ann.

I was thinking this but lately I've been thinking Makoto since it seems to be the most canon based on some of the cutscenes so far

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

free basket of chips posted:

Can I date the doctor

Yes. I think you can date any of the female confidants

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Dungeon 4 Boss epic ending: I got my first fusion mutation and ended up w/Arahabaki. Later in the boss fight he reflected Sphinx Dive for like 2000 damage and killed her :madmax:

Lol that's awesome.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I didn't get to play last night and it's tearing me up inside

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sleng Teng posted:

Speaking of, I think Ryuji is supposed to text me or something to progress his S.Link to rank 7 but it's August now and he hasn't done anything for a month. Is there some sort of trigger I'm missing

Dunno, I maxed it the other night in early August

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Oi mate fancy a gun about with the six piece

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It's because her character is classic cliche anime that everyone has seen a billion times before. She just stops talking about her friend for like five levels instead opting to move on to terrible model bullshit that I skipped through. Uwa, I'm gonna be the best model ever!! Hai. gently caress off

Yeah they should have stuck more with the guilty friend angle instead of the dumb model stuff. It's also weird because during the Madarame arc she's like "Me? A model???" but then you do her S. Link and she models all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

what does rain do to mementos

Harder enemies, better items/chests

• Locked thread