Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Fumaofthelake posted:

I like Makoto better but her confidant is pretty boring where Hifumi's is top tier

-a thirty year old man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Pablo Gigante posted:

I'm trying to wife Makoto but her confidant is gated behind level 5 charm for some reason. Her character arc is about learning to be more shallow I guess

Have you gotten to the gated portion? It's really not

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Makoto and Haru both have some parts of Mitsuru but both are also better

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

elf help book posted:

im getting scared because igor and morganas confidant ranks are getting high, as is the phan poll, how can this game end on me

Spoilers if you really want them:

Those two links get relatively high quickly then stall out for a while

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Reaper was tough

I'm guessing a lot of people don't realize you can change pages when building tools because the tool completion trophy is like 2%

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

hubris.height posted:

I just never needed any of the tools except eternal lockpick, waste of a night

Once I gave up on maxing all the confidant links I had a lot of spare nights towards the end of the game. I've never used anything but lockpicks and Stealthanol once or twice when I got really lazy.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

you should never give up on slinks

When I say "give up" I mean "come to terms with the fact I won't have time to finish them all so I'll hit them in NG+"

Me and Joker both have the same level of time management skills.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

What a stupid good ending sequence.

I liked the part where Mishima et all helps you do a spirit bomb but instead of a spirit bomb it's a giant loving bullet haha

I wonder if P3 would be my favorite if it had all the quality of life improvements 5 has, but it doesn't so I think 5 is my new favorite

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

HORMELCHILI posted:

You can only do that in the later months right?

AFAIK you can try it anytime, you'll just probably die unless you're prepared.

I'm going to try to do it basically first thing in NG+

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Getting rank 9 in star will get you the ability to run away immediately which should help w reaper flu farming

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

In Training posted:

The end of palace 5 :stare:

The confession cutscene for that one is real good

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

In Training posted:

I tried to tell takemi that I loved her but she refused me, I don't think you can actually wife the adults. But maybe I screwed something up. After that I settled for Ann

You can get any of them to date you in the rank 9 events but I think you can hit on her earlier to no effect

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

The P5 confidants are an embarrassment of riches compared to past games so even the worst options are good

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Tfw you get every pop

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

In Training posted:

Mishima finally reveals his true power by his back up skill letting the whole squad level after a boss battle

I went into the game knowing very little and I was really afraid Mishima was going to be the dungeon 2 party member haha

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

tumor looking batty posted:

Can't wait to come back to this thread next month and hover over the spoils

You can look at this one now hello

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

My supportive post

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Spamming gunfire might work since it's lots of chances to hit a critical. I got my first one that way.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

One of your navigator abilities lets you know if an enemy has a rare item which is usually a decent skill card, bead/soma, or blank skill card.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

I really like the palace 4, 5, and 7 themes for dungeons. Life Goes On (exam song) is great and I wish it got used elsewhere.

The full soundtrack has a 47 second track for the "be right back" music that plays on tv after Okimura eats it. Not sure if you can even hear the whole thing in game haha.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

HORMELCHILI posted:

Btw the ost has all the retro video game music too

Most of them are way better than what "real" "chiptune" "artists" put out

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

3 really made you feel like Persona was loving you up bad. Using those fusion spells was rad.

Big P5 spoiler Now summoning Megazord Superdevil is no big deal. I miss that part.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Safety is fine if you want to go quick and avoid spoilers

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

lol

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

goferchan posted:

Jeeze I totally forgot that SMTV is real and coming to Switch and we'll probably be playing it within the next year or two. God is good

Actually I think you'll find that he's really bad and we need to kill him sometime over the next 75-100 hours

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

My wife heard me laughing at this and said "what's so funny" and I said "it would take me like twenty minutes to explain" then she said "I hate when you do that" so I tried to explain Sonic fandom and the Makoto at the laptop meme and she said "I guess that's really funny to someone" very flatly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

I want P5 Arena so I can play an Arena game without having to touch my PS3.

• Locked thread