Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

mishaq posted:

they can also natively edit them

i like to sign pdfs with an image of my signature, a feature built right into osx, instead of printing them signing and then scanning them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Cold on a Cob posted:

i like to sign pdfs with an image of my signature, a feature built right into osx, instead of printing them signing and then scanning them

macos is so good

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Raluek posted:

did u know???

any program that can print in osx can export as pdf. theres a thingy in the corner of the print dialog that lets u save the printed form of whatever it is as a pdf. spiffy

pdf all the things

this is available in windows too, also. your friend Petey F. is always by your side.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Raluek posted:

did u know???

any program that can print in osx can export as pdf. theres a thingy in the corner of the print dialog that lets u save the printed form of whatever it is as a pdf. spiffy

pdf all the things

yeah its fuckin awesome

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

this is available in windows too, also

and its garbage much like the rest of windows

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

graph posted:

and its garbage much like the rest of windows

:yeah:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Raluek posted:

did u know???

pdf all the things

does it vector all the things (meme)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mishaq posted:

macos is so good

its an excellent laptop operating system

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
more like badobe

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

cheese-cube posted:

it's pronounced PDF with a hard D
text me

pram
Jun 10, 2001

echinopsis posted:

PDF

PDF is known well to everyone who has even seen a computer being used in the past 15 years

but what is a pdf

according to the wikipedia

but what use is a pdf

a pdf can be a book. a pdf can hold a jpg file. pdfs can be exploited. a pdf is a file that fits on a usb shaft.

if you ask me.. we need more pdf in our lives

hosed up, but true!

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
abobe

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pram posted:

hosed up, but true!

thats what she said

burning swine
May 26, 2004

echinopsis posted:

bow to my whining

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
everything being vectors is the only good thing about osx. everything else about it is total garbage.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

seriously tho.. ask for help and you get jack poo poo. insult their program and they'll defend it to the death

im not serious about qirex and the cool crew here but its an effective tool to get info out of nerds

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Shaggar posted:

everything being vectors is the only good thing about osx. everything else about it is total garbage.
osx is a great laptop operating system

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
nah its especially bad on a laptop cause you cant even do input on them without an external keyboard + mouse and even then its all hosed up.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

echinopsis posted:

osx is a great laptop operating system
it certainly doesn't handle things being plugged in well

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

mishaq posted:

macos is so good
it's exciting. every morning when i come into the office i never know what's going to mess up when i bring it out of sleep. will i have to plug in the keyboard twice? or maybe open the lid then close it to get the external monitor recognized. or maybe the mouse and the trackpad will be unresponsive requiring a hard reboot. it's always one of these, mac never disappoints

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Gazpacho posted:

it's exciting. every morning when i come into the office i never know what's going to mess up when i bring it out of sleep. will i have to plug in the keyboard twice? or maybe open the lid then close it to get the external monitor recognized. or maybe the mouse and the trackpad will be unresponsive requiring a hard reboot. it's always one of these, mac never disappoints

sorry to hear about your windows laptop

pram
Jun 10, 2001
nice enterprise shitware

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
thats what she said

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
macos is extremely good as hell

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
i use a mac at home and a win10 pc at work and there are a few things i like in windows over the mac but overall i prefer the mac

thanks for reading

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
this is a good thread so i don'tw ant to white noise derail it too much, so i'll also say that i have some pdfs of my favourite tech books it's handy to have my entire tech library on a thumb drive

it makes me feel v prepared for whatever my day of computer touching is gonna throw at me

thanks pdf

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cold on a Cob posted:

this is a good thread so i don'tw ant to white noise derail it too much, so i'll also say that i have some pdfs of my favourite tech books it's handy to have my entire tech library on a thumb drive

it makes me feel v prepared for whatever my day of computer touching is gonna throw at me

thanks pdf
thumb drive?

hmm

this is old school

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I luv my flash drive. it's as close as I can get to the cyberpunk feeling of carrying hundreds of gigabytes of stolen databases in your pocket cause there's no wireless networking or anything

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

echinopsis posted:

thumb drive?

hmm

this is old school

i worry that google will flag them as pirated if i put them in my google drive (they're not (not really anyway, i own paper copies for the ones i didn't outright buy as pdf))

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Cold on a Cob posted:

i use a mac at home and a win10 pc at work and there are a few things i like in windows over the mac but overall i prefer the mac

thanks for reading

this is ok my friend

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

mishaq posted:

this is ok my friend

:hfive:

this thread is pretty chill

actually

'that sweet sweet portable document formatte' thread is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In 'that sweet sweet portable document formatte' thread you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the 'that sweet sweet portable document formatte' thread motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

mishaq posted:

this is ok my friend

we hope it never ends
pc and mac
forever and a day

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Cold on a Cob posted:

i worry that google will flag them as pirated if i put them in my google drive (they're not (not really anyway, i own paper copies for the ones i didn't outright buy as pdf))

haha wait wait wait

is this really a thing

does google drive flag pirated files?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

haha wait wait wait

is this really a thing

does google drive flag pirated files?

when you share stuff, yeah

https://torrentfreak.com/google-drive-uses-hash-matching-detect-pirated-content/

considering my whole loving life is tied to my gmail address i'm not gonna take chances

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
pdf makes me sick. if i see a pdf or see the icon for a pdf or even hear someone say "pdf" or even something that sounds vaguely like "pdf" i projectile vomit all over my desk. im in a puddle of vom right now typing this

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

pdf is good for datasheets and bad for everything else

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it's fine for text books

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i can't remember how it was said but something like

i'm actually an epubfile not a pdfile, there is a subtle different

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
dear echinopsis,

please make a special thread with that portable document formatte right out front.

with that sweet sweet portable document formatte totally predominant.

ez 2print2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

jony ive aces posted:

dear echinopsis,

please make a special thread with that portable document formatte right out front.

with that sweet sweet portable document formatte totally predominant.

ez 2print2

• Locked thread