Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

pagancow posted:

*playing battlefield 1*

CAPTAIN THEY HAVE BREACHED THE DEFENSE SYSTEM

SHOT THOSE FUCKERS OUT OF THE SKY

we have bogie sighted looks, like a four round sweep of HDDs, i repeat traditional media spotted heading inbound to the front of the case sans drive cage. SANS DRIVE CAGE. PREPARE RECEPTACLE FOR LOOSE STORAGE MEDIA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

big red cock phone released to eager public

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Stick Insect posted:

^ easylist had to drop a domain because of a DMCA request.

Inevitable result is that someone now made a blocklist that exclusively contains domains that got removed through DMCAs: https://github.com/paulgb/BarbBlock

gently caress there are some good names in that list mods

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/paulgb/BarbBlock/master/BarbBlock.txt

quote:

actuallysheep.com
||ambitiousagreement.com
||anxiousapples.com
||baskettexture.com
||bawdybeast.com
||beamincrease.com
||beamkite.com
||boilingbeetle.com
||brassrule.com
||broadboundary.com
||calmfoot.com
||cherrythread.com
||chiefcurrent.com
||chinchickens.com
||commandwalk.com
||concernrain.com
||consciouscabbage.com
||copperchickens.com
||copycarpenter.com
||copyrightaccesscontrols.com
||crawlclocks.com
||critictruck.com

im quant can :shobon:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

pagancow posted:

speaking of people who pay for things, squarespace is a place where you can build your own website, hate forums like these? why dont you build your own with sqaurespace, click the link in the description

pagancow posted:

[continues podcast that has nothing to do with web hosting]

ftfy

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

enter code COMEDY on sherries berries dot com for fifteen percent off

*HOWDIDTHISGETMADE*

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sagebrush posted:

i turned off adblock on some poorly coded website a while back and suddenly it reloaded and replaced the white background with a gigantic animated colorful ad for fabric softener.

as a millennial, i would never buy fabric softener, even if i did want it, which i don't.

the ad noticeably slowed down scrolling on the page, which irritated me, and created a powerful enough association that now when i think of fabric softener i remember that ad (don't remember the brand! just the existence of the ad) and become angry, which reinforces my desire to not buy the loving stuff.

working as intended?

oh cool you went to imdb too

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

BONGHITZ posted:

I think children should not be advertised to

and yet android is the biggest phone os

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i unblock networks that support the sites well and for sites i like :shobon:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

double lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

isn't it ill-defined "services" and consulting basically?

lol ibm consultants. idk if they always are, but the ones i worked with were terrible. lovely mobile UI from a mainframe server company? why I never!

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

at a bar last night and saw live tv for the first time in a few months

jfc what absolute garbage

yeah live stuff is garbo these days, but i still enjpy local ads while i watch my city team sport ball. i saw one for an old italian place from there and it was nostalgic (would not eat there, middlin pizza at lunch and passable sauces for the dinner dishes)

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

435,014 DEAD ADS

WEBKIT IS A gently caress
BLOCK THEM ALL

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

pagancow posted:

also just post some sweet ads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDTBnsqxZ3k

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

well the internet does make you stupid! :newlol:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ShadowHawk posted:

Everyone I've asked for benefits has ublocked me

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

lol
safari has adblock

im guessing android because the ios firefox app doesnt do plugins, though focus exists yeah ios has a nice adblocker (which i think focus will also plugin to)

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

LastInLine posted:

apple doesnt let other browsers use anything other than the inbuilt webkit engine on ios and even then only with the gimped js so no extensions written for firefox could work

thats what makes the edge beta so lol. like, who wants to even pretend they wan edge on ios. at least an android it might not be chrome

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Linguica posted:

does apple still do the thing where only safari is allowed to use the fast version of their javascript engine so any third party browsers are doubly screwed?

i thought they relaxed that if you used the new view, but its optional so if the dev never updates it never changes, and maybe a third thing

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ooooooh, both nice! and drat. i was wondering why other browsers couldnt leverage the adblocking and using all these alternate methods to filtering traffic

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

1blocker is the mega sperg dream (my dream) with toggles for every entry and icloud sync them and custom filters and a safari plugin that lets you select visual items to filter

it costs a few bucks per platform but syncs between macos and ios so you can get spergy on the desktop and use it mobile

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

in classic ad news, i found some old issues of comm arts while cleaning my basement, one was unopened so i get to see vintage new ads hand selected for quality

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Agile Vector posted:

in classic ad news, i found some old issues of comm arts while cleaning my basement, one was unopened so i get to see vintage new ads hand selected for quality

so i opened it an lol yospos bithc

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

(its actually a really interesting article about cuban design and the cover is about how modern companies were starting to make their way into cuba in the early 00s)

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

pagancow posted:

bout time someone put the right video card in a laptop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ck5RbTQj28

im the forcefully inserted zif cpu

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

pagancow posted:

WELC
OME
TOTH
ESOC
IAL

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

this was easily the most quarter eating game but the whole gimmick is so loving fun tbh

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Schadenboner posted:

I guess the question then would become: "Why would I want to associate my brand with people using 10 year-old phones?"

good for selling android phones

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

barney logs into his work system running [CHROMEOS] where he reads an email about [DREAMWORKS PRESENTS MINIONS] sounds right for the target audience of himym reruns

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i only use filterete™ brand air filter when viewing ads

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

is "mae" the new "bae" ?

"my rear end, engorged"

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

cheese-cube posted:

m8 they product placed the original trilogy into the last movie nothing is beyond their reach

edit: not sure if you were joking or not but holy lol, disney already know how to place their product, star wars.

if youre not paying for it you are the star wars

Agile Vector fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Dec 5, 2017

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

looks like a real pussy pleaser :riker:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

pagancow posted:

uunnnnffffff I love it when a site sells out every corner to a brand

site takeovers still work because people in windows have to click somewhere in the window

im the brand guidelines breaking custom logo that some tweedy business drone got real mad about on a call

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

pagancow posted:

doesnt it just pause for 30 seconds of silence? like you just have to stand at attention while you imagine nickelback playing?

excuse me sir but it is a poorly hummed rendition of creed i imagine

Potassium Problems posted:

the pi-hole interface loads on all 3, I'm good OP

same

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

qirex posted:

aka amazon reviews

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

maskenfreiheit posted:

i mean, is untargeted really so terrible?

for example, if i sell a special cleaning spray that can get cum stains off of particle board, I don't need a list of serial masturbators, i can just put ads here on something awful

or [insert posters mom]s facebook wall

• Locked thread