Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

i wish there was a trailer for this thread so i wouldn't have to read it

ofc i'd prolly never watch the trailer but w/e

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Captain Foo posted:

threads where you do nothing but post youtubs fuckin blow rear end

dsyp

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

imo they look rly cool

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Captain Foo posted:

ads are still a blight

i got my ad data from twitter today which shows which advertisers' "tailored audiences" you have been included in and it's dumb as hell. 90% are brands/corps that don't even exist where i live. these chucklefucks must just be defining their "tailored audience" as "wankers with a heartbeat"

then i found in the app u can just switch the whole thing off so that's cool

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

i love sites that break when u block ads:

https://twitter.com/GarbageDotNet/status/896213457929871360

e: this is more lovely design i guess but still fuckin ads *shakes fist*

Pile Of Garbage fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Aug 21, 2017

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

but it was in their support portal. and only their support portal. and im not a paying customer, i was just trying to lodge a missing item enquiry as the recipient of an item that had gone missing in the post.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

yo tell us all your dirty advertising secrets tia

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

targeted and relevant i presume

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

yeah but with an adblocker i dont see them

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Powaqoatse posted:

also lot of people in here who like to be hosed by ads and cummed in by them

dont kinkshame

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

qirex posted:

someday disney is going to figure out how to do actual product placement in star wars and it's going to be depressing

m8 they product placed the original trilogy into the last movie nothing is beyond their reach

edit: not sure if you were joking or not but holy lol, disney already know how to place their product, star wars.

Pile Of Garbage fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Dec 5, 2017

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

pagancow posted:

uunnnnffffff I love it when a site sells out every corner to a brand

site takeovers still work because people in windows have to click somewhere in the window

it's funny looking at the ublock stats when you visit a page. with default settings it blocks ~45% of all requests on each IMDB page. RIP everything i guess

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Agile Vector posted:

im the brand guidelines breaking custom logo that some tweedy business drone got real mad about on a call

ive lost count of the number of times ive had to make something look like poo poo because BRAND GUIDELINES!!! for example, one of our customers has a logo which is their company name, italicised, in a puke-yellow square (making up the colour, real one is too specific). normally it looks like this:

i was setting up branding for some web portal poo poo and it had a navbar which is 30px high so i wanted to just crop their logo to 30px high centred around the text like this:

however the powers that be insisted on following their brand guidelines which dictates the logo must be a 1:1 square. so because of that it now looks like this garbage:

that's my branding bullshit rant enjoy your holidays

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

that's like a double violation of they guidelines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Wheany posted:

same, except 16x16

favicon_brand_cropped_resized_v5_notshit_maybe.ico

"it was the best we could do boss!"

• Locked thread