Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

echinopsis posted:

i'd happily make ads for a living i think

i wouldn't. at least not on the creative end.

imagine being constantly pressured by a coke-addled boss to take a product like paper or wheelchairs or towels and make it "sexy"

and then feedback is "not sexy enough, do it over" ad nauseum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

this is the best ad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_MaJDK3VNE

fe: in this horrible cyber dystopian future, even the ads have ads

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

pagancow posted:

love it when advertisers tell you a compelling story and then just slap their name at the end in a hamfisted way

they bring together information, ideas, and technology

obviously

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

JewKiller 3000 posted:

i just saw a tv ad during the giants game that was relevant to my interests! the ad was for MR PICKLE'S SANDWICH SHOP. i was not aware of this shop, and there is one near me! well, two towns over, but close enough. how the gently caress can you go wrong with something named MR PICKLE'S? i submit that you cannot.

nice try, mr. pickle

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

akadajet posted:

i block all the ads i don't even care

same. gently caress em.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37YY25vvYho

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

the herding cats super bowl ad is high art

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

wassuuuuuup

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

here's an ad success story for you

in 'stranger things: 2' there's a segment where the boy and girl go to somebody's house for dinner, but the family didn't have time to cook, so they ordered Kentucky Fried Chicken instead. it's really over the top; they're crunching into the extra-crispy skin, complimenting the meal, yum yum yum. they even throw in the "finger-lickin good" tagline.

anyway so i go to bed after watching this drivel, and i have a beautiful dream about a KFC drive-thru. then I wake up, and that's all I can think about. a few hours later the colonel has my $5 for one of his lovely chicken boxes. cha-ching

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

fuckin' love KFC. did you get the mashed potatoes and gravy? love that gravy.

for $5 you can get three chicken tendies, a bowl of mashed potatoes & gravy, extra sauce, and a chocolate chip cookie. it's a pretty great deal

e: and a drink

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uV3uUsoRe4

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

blocking every single ad that trespasses the domain i'm browsing and it's great

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

been listening to music on pandora uninterrupted by advertisements for quite a while now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

pagancow posted:

doesnt it just pause for 30 seconds of silence? like you just have to stand at attention while you imagine nickelback playing?

nope, nickelback continues uninterrupted

• Locked thread