Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

pagancow posted:

guys guys gusy guiys

they made a trailer

FOR A POWER SUPPLY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USVG4dG5mlg

why are there different kinds of plugs for the modular cables ??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

they probably spent millions on the marketing firm that came up with this

I really want to see a Mad Men 21st century edition, and the first episode should have a decrepit Don Draper whispering the word "fourthmeal" with his dying breath

(I can't take credit for this, but I can't remember which goon came up with that joke)

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

pagancow posted:

yall watch linus tech tips DONT LIE TO ME DOE

brought to you by squarespace

you really need to slow down before you say something you can't take back

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Salt Fish posted:

Ads are a vital part of our society's business and commerce efforts. If you receive a telemarketing call you should engage with the caller and listen to their pitch to help you fellow citizen earn an honest dollar.

if you actually want to help a telemarketing agent and have no intention of purchasing, then you should quickly terminate the call so that the telemarketer can move on to another call and increase their sales average for the day.

alternately:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

i have had whoper

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Stymie posted:

yeah basically the major game sites are an extortion scheme

either the game companies pay them enough money, either in advertising or just straight payola or their games get less than 8.0 (aka the kiss of death)

when you get a reviewer that actually tries to evaluate the games objectively, they'll get ridden out on a rail if they don't quid the pro quo

I honestly think a lot of gamers want it this way. They want the system to tell them the poo poo they compulsively preorder is actually cool and good.

Seriously have you ever tried telling gamers "why don't you just stop preordering poo poo even though you've been burned?" Even people I consider reasonable fall back on "but you get such good deals on bonus content!"

It's an addiction to consumerism.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
"in dealing with advertisers you must remember that they are professional liars"

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
isn't it ill-defined "services" and consulting basically?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

fuckin' lmao at that fuckin' ad

holy poo poo

those wheels

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i'm dying

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

pagancow posted:

adblock only exists to make you feel good about the ads you are choosing to watch

so what's the problem then

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

LastInLine posted:

kirk now theres a product im willing to buy

kirk is unpurchaseable because kirk is priceless

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
fuckin' love KFC. did you get the mashed potatoes and gravy? love that gravy.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

echinopsis posted:

mae
its not bad

is "mae" the new "bae" ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl