Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Agile Vector posted:

and yet android is the biggest-phone os

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Stymie posted:

yeah basically the major game sites are an extortion scheme

either the game companies pay them enough money, either in advertising or just straight payola or their games get less than 8.0 (aka the kiss of death)

when you get a reviewer that actually tries to evaluate the games objectively, they'll get ridden out on a rail if they don't quid the pro quo

So would you say that, actually, it's about ethics in games journalism?

:allears:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Agile Vector posted:

i unblock networks that support the sites well and for sites i like :shobon:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

I'm pretty sure that ketamine actually causes a decrease in appetite though?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Shaggar posted:

wait, are they ruining the edge brand with an ios/slowfari version?

I agree that every time MS tries to develop software it hurts their brand but I'm surprised to hear you say it?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I guess the question then would become: "Why would I want to associate my brand with people using 10 year-old phones?"

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

LastInLine posted:

tbf theres only four parts to a tv the screen the housing the control board and the power supply (and the last two could be one unit in some sets)

if the housing or the screen break you can see how those cant be fixed so youre left with the ps or the control board. the power supply runs about $100 and thats usually easy to diagnose it either powers on or it doesnt so thats around $150 to $200 for a guy to come to your house and replace that so i can see going that route

the control board is a bit dicier since they can cost $250-$300 and youre looking at another $100 on top of that for a guy to come out. youre now looking at the choice of paying $400 to fix a tv that is obviously some years old and can probably be replaced for less than that if you wanted equivalent specs or not much more than that if youre looking to update to 4k or newer smart crap or w/e and in the end youre still not guaranteed it will fix it. it could be the cable from the board to the screen thats bad or it could be within the display assembly itself and now youve thrown $400 at an older tv that still needs to be replaced

my parents just went through all of this (b/c old people hate everything new) and ended up just having to buy a new tv anyway. the tl;dr is that you can fix a tv but you shouldnt bother

Ending really is better than mending!

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

blocking ads improves your life more than any product or service ever could

Except a Savers Card for the brothel your mother works at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i don't think you can stack the friends and family discount w/ loyalty rewards

But she does accept Kohl's Cash and coupons for Hot Pockets as long as they have at least 1 week before expiration.

• Locked thread