Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i think u mean aids op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

haha yeah i like that ad with the gecko and then also i like seeing it one million times in a broadcast

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

edge is pretty bad at keeping ads out of my life

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

whatever punishes advertisers the most

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Sagebrush posted:

yes: pay a reasonable one-time fee for a thing i like

no: ad-supported "free" content with no purchase option

loving no: ongoing subscription models

disagreed, im a big fan of patreon

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Sagebrush posted:

"donate money to someone who does a thing you like" sounds like my item #1

same, and i am happy to do it on a recurring basis, typically monthly or for each item the creator creates

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

nah its way better. i'm totally down with giving people whose work i like a dollar or two a month for long periods of time. when i and a few hundred or thousand other people do this, suddenly they have a steady income stream

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

good lord these are all the worst, ugliest house

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

ads more like aids

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i just assume a shovelful of sequels to whatever trash came out last year is coming out this year and next year and every year until the death of cinema

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Jimmy Carter posted:

I started blocking JS on sites whose page loads were >10 megs and the ads just went away on their own

how hard would it be to buy ad space with google Adwords and target it so that I only see my own ads?

Google has a service for you to do this

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

pagancow posted:

the internet is going full paid get ready for what an ad free internet is like! going to be like a god drat toll road everywhwere for anything that isn't a listicle with ads!!!!

https://contributor.google.com/v/marketing

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Agile Vector posted:

gently caress there are some good names in that list mods

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/paulgb/BarbBlock/master/BarbBlock.txt

im quant can :shobon:

im chief current

• Locked thread