Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

ads are not good, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

mulligan posted:

ads rule when they are relevant and suited for your needs.

if big data sama shows goons a 20% discount on mountain dew and cheeto combo b cause it knows you are most likely to buy them based on signals data with delivery, I'm pretty sure you all h bhapoy to buy.

ads rule, FB, googl and pretty much the world of consumer is based on advertising

ad blockers are not going to change a loving thing

"ads are good because they brainwash you into buying products" - you, an idiot

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

LastInLine posted:

and therefore your statement "they may not be liminal to you but that doesn't mean you don't see them and they don't have an effect on you" is nonsense in that liminal literally means to have an effect :)

ah yes, that's why subliminal means "no effect"

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

BONGHITZ posted:

can advertisers create art?

can you?

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

cant believe i actually watched this. saw a robot fall over, two robots get stuck, and then a some very good acting when the robots "crashed" into the commentator's desk.

i knew watching two giant robots fight would be disappointing, but not like this

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

it was the same bad axe ad all three breaks and it sucked more than the robots

however, i will admit the hype videos to advertise the fight itself were better than the fight, if you want to take that

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

im gettin tired of people sharing around wolfenstein ads, whether or not internet nazis are mad about them

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

thinkin' bout this dog ad
https://www.ispot.tv/ad/ADgU/frontline-gold-doesnt-quit

that they just took from this dog video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-UVkVG6bC4&hd=1

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

i went to see the disaster artist and this ad played before the movie

https://youtu.be/OgQxjcB-nlU

i hate it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

but how else am i supposed to find out that the man who plays Biggs from The Fugitive, the hearse driver from Bubba Ho-Tep, and Bob Bixby from the Nickelodeon TV movie Shredderman Rules is Daniel Roebuck?

• Locked thread