Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

i turned off adblock on some poorly coded website a while back and suddenly it reloaded and replaced the white background with a gigantic animated colorful ad for fabric softener.

as a millennial, i would never buy fabric softener, even if i did want it, which i don't.

the ad noticeably slowed down scrolling on the page, which irritated me, and created a powerful enough association that now when i think of fabric softener i remember that ad (don't remember the brand! just the existence of the ad) and become angry, which reinforces my desire to not buy the loving stuff.

working as intended?

years ago when that guy was fired from gamespot for giving a sponsored game a bad review i went to look at the site to see what the big deal was and wondered what was wrong because i didn't see anything relating to the game. then i turned off adblock and suddenly every bit of the site from the background to the banners to the auto-play popover videos were ads for that lovely game. the web without adblockers is a truly horrible place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

i'm more of an 877 - CASH - NOW kind of man

nobody would lend me money, not even my relatives

that's why i made the cash call

99.25% apr

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

yeah lol who would want to repair their multi-hundred dollar purchase when they can just throw it away lmao

when the part to fix it costs almost as much as a newer, bigger one

• Locked thread