Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

an acute case of the ads
mods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

more like bads, am i rite guys?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i'm just gonna keep on blockin' ads

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

if it's ad-supported it is broken, op

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ads are terrible and if you make ads you should be first against the wall #BlockAllAds

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

facebook ads have decided i'm in the market for $1,000,000 houses in the suburbs

there's at least three things wrong with thi

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

BEHOLD! OPTIC BLAST!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

this is the future liberals want

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

this is poo poo but at least it's opt-in unlike when google home advertised beauty and the beast

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

love 2 block ads

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

blocking ads is good and right

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

giant bomb mostly seems to be allowed to do their own thing, but being a small operation, they still mostly just cover the big releases

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

because user reviews full of "this is an sjw bullshit game" are way better than games "journalism"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

LastInLine posted:

lol let me introduce you to dyp and all the samsung fans therein

i imagine the overlap of gamers and samsung fans is pretty much a circle

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

blocking ads is a moral imperative imo

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

not surprising that the guy who works for free likes ads

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

*guy who uses google's mobile ad platform claiming he never sees ads*

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Agile Vector posted:

thats what makes the edge beta so lol. like, who wants to even pretend they wan edge on ios. at least an android it might not be chrome
on android it's webkit

LastInLine posted:

apple doesnt let other browsers use anything other than the inbuilt webkit engine on ios and even then only with the gimped js so no extensions written for firefox could work

Agile Vector posted:

i thought they relaxed that if you used the new view, but its optional so if the dev never updates it never changes, and maybe a third thing
nah, they reversed it completely with ios8. any webview uses the fast js engine, but ad blockers are still exclusive to safariviews, which alternate browsers won't have.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

lol if you willingly eat that kfc trash. does your area not have at least a popeyes?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

yeah lol who would want to repair their multi-hundred dollar purchase when they can just throw it away lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

he’s not lying. he just has a very specific definition where “everything” means “ads.” pagan cow was forced to have to focus on content and not giant ads taking up 2/3 of a webpage

• Locked thread