Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
i'm glad there are people dumb enough not to block ads so that free stuff remains free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
i don't use chrome, op. google approved or not i still won't see those ads

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
so how big will the migration from chrome to firefox be, do you think

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
if ads weren't a massive vector for 0day 'sploitz and also if i was profoundly retarded, i might consider not blocking ads

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
that's something i don't get. people who hate ads enough to block them aren't going to jump in their car and go buy whatever crap you're peddling, so why insist on shoving ads in their face? seems to me they're helping you narrow down your target audience

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
lots of people desperately trying to make an obsolete model work, like geography-based content distribution rights in the digital age.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
i don't use chrome, op

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005

pagancow posted:

lol google to not be beat by ad blocking racketeering has become the largest ad blocking service in the world now

https://nypost.com/2017/08/10/google-warns-700-publishers-digital-ads-will-be-blocked-by-chrome-update/

pagancow posted:

i just want to raise my glass of apple juice to all the ad block gangsters who made this possible, now the world is truely a better place

pagancow posted:

Google can now block ssl certs, and content at will lol this will be grand and play out in a totally ethical way across the world.

i don't use chrome, op, and neither should you

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
i look at metacritic scores and user reviews, lol if you trust journalism in this day and age, especially for games

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
which is why you read them. most upvoted user reviews aren't garbage political poo poo flinging. it doesn't take very long to gather what's wrong with a game

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
the dying gasps of an obsolete business model

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
i wouldn't mind paying for good content, except i know they'd still shove ads down my throat. also the content would still suck because why make an attempt at actual journalism when you can just copy/paste a press release and call it an article

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005

mulligan posted:

people who think ads don't work on them, they do. Ads are info on brands or stuff you buy, whatever product you have on your head right now is product of tom (top of mind) and that was ad generated, either atl/btl / digital etc

the products i have in mind right now were personally tested or recommended by people i trust in such matters. your cancerous money furnace of an industry had nothing to do with it

at the very best, an ad leaves me indifferent toward whatever crap it's peddling. most of the time though it makes me actively hostile toward it, depending how dumb the ad was

hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
what's even the argument here? i see an ad and think about how lovely it was for a few seconds, it's a win? all publicity is good publicity? this is getting bitcoin levels of pathetic

i worked in telemarketing as a starving college student too so, yes, i know it works on some people, just like nigerian scams do. it doesn't work on a mass scale. stop huffing your own farts

• Locked thread