Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anzen
Oct 21, 2010
Most of the points on the map are just there for cutscenes and hanging out with social link buddies. There are only 5 locations where you run around freely but they're pretty big (especially Shibuya).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I wasn't going to buy this game if it was English audio only and literally every snippet shown of the English dub justifies that stance.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I wasn't going to buy this game if it was English audio only and literally every snippet shown of the English dub justifies that stance.

I cannot possibly roll my eyes any harder

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Source your quotes

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Anzen posted:

Most of the points on the map are just there for cutscenes and hanging out with social link buddies. There are only 5 locations where you run around freely but they're pretty big (especially Shibuya).

Oh well tokyo is cool anyways.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Lol

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Grozz Nuy posted:

I rolled my eyes so hard they flew out of my skull

Please call 911

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I see you are following me to other threads with your bad opinions.

P4 english VA cast was extremely good so i'm looking forward to hearing all my new friends in P5.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Grozz Nuy posted:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Yesterday I found out the Smash 4 announcer is the Protagonist's VA. Good for Xander Mobus, he made it.

Unrelated: http://personacentral.com/persona-5-yusuke-ps4-theme-avatar-set-now-free-eu-playstation-store/

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tarezax posted:

Source your quotes

The book of being right about everything ever aka my autobiography :thumbsup:

Seriously though, the dub has been garbage so far.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Yesterday I found out the Smash 4 announcer is the Protagonist's VA. Good for Xander Mobus, he made it.

Unrelated: http://personacentral.com/persona-5-yusuke-ps4-theme-avatar-set-now-free-eu-playstation-store/

He is also the voice for Dagda in SMT IV apocalypse.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Please don't feed the Aurain

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Josuke isn't being very Josuke right now

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Insult his hair, maybe it'll fix him.

Hey Josuke, your hair is way worse than every character in this game.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Josuke isn't being very Josuke right now

Dude spends stupid amounts of money on socks because they're a brand name and therefore automatically better than plebby 5 for 2.50 socks, if you don't think he wouldn't be the most elitist about stupid poo poo you gotta reread.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

He's been getting put into a decent amount of stuff as of late. Being the Protagonist of P5 is gonna be a pretty big deal to someone as new as him too even if I don't care for how he sounds.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Come to think of it, being a Smash Bros. announcer and a Persona protagonist are pretty similar roles, 90% of your lines are shouting the names of characters or personas when you select them

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The fact that Umio is P5 MC and Uzume is Futaba already made my choice for the first run.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

The book of being right about everything ever aka my autobiography :thumbsup:

Seriously though, the dub has been garbage so far.

sick post/av combo right here from this totally expert opinion haver, +1, smash that like button, sayin what we're all thinkin amirite fellas

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

enojy posted:

I'm also glad I haven't read/seen a thing about it. I didn't even read the OP.

I've also been avoiding reading much about Persona 5. Part of the fun about P3P and P4 for me were how little I knew about them going in beyond the basic premises and then getting caught up in all of the different systems between the Social Links and the more typical JRPG mechanics for hours upon hours- I'm hoping P5 can recapture that for me.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Mar 14, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Luna Was Here posted:

sick post/av combo right here from this totally expert opinion haver, +1, smash that like button, sayin what we're all thinkin amirite fellas

Note to me: include /s'es in future lest someone has a meltdown rofl

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Note to me: include /s'es in future lest someone has a meltdown rofl

note to you as well: stop posting

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Josuke is known for his bad dubpinions, so the "I was faking" defense doesn't really fly lol

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

yeah, that's quite the meltdown i had there rofl

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
He had a meltdown whenever FF15 was mentioned as well, he's very sensitive boy

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

I need to know if I can actually hear the Smash Bros announcer voice in his performance though. That will seal the deal. Which way will it seal it, I won't say.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

freshlybaked posted:

I need to know if I can actually hear the Smash Bros announcer voice in his performance though. That will seal the deal. Which way will it seal it, I won't say.

You won't, he's using something closer to his normal voice

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Captain Baal posted:

You won't, he's using something closer to his normal voice

Is Dagda his normal voice?

Can Dagda please be his normal voice?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Supremezero posted:

Is Dagda his normal voice?

Can Dagda please be his normal voice?

only in my wildest dreams

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

The Yusuke PSN theme is really pretty and it makes me sad that the other ones they released previously (from what I can tell just Ryuji and maybe Morgana) aren't obtainable at this time. I guess they'll probably be paid DLC when the game comes out or something?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They were when the JP game dropped I can't imagine the others won't be

Baron
Nov 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
There is a free theme for a week if you wanna torture yourself by listening to dope Persona music until 5 comes out.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

20 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ish

Baron
Nov 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Super No Vacancy posted:

20 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ish

Just enough time to finish Horizon, finish Tales of Berseria, try to play the original Nier, and then Automata! :negative:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i have berseria and yakuza and horizon all sitting here and i keep playing rocket league i'm never gonna make it

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

i have berseria and yakuza and horizon all sitting here and i keep playing rocket league i'm never gonna make it

oh poo poo I don't even have Yakuza yet. so many good games being released all at once

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah I was playing Hitman until I got Yakuza which I played until Zelda which I will play until Persona

it actually really sucks that games are good

anyway, my choice to play with the japanese dub is mostly because what I've heard of the English dub sounds kinda boring? Like not bad, just real whatever?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i will also be playing with jp audio, and i like dubs and think there are plenty of things where the dub is better than the jp audio. the dub for this seems pretty bleh (though maybe they've improved it with the delay,) while the jp VAing seems pretty good. I also don't like when US vas mispronounce names or honorifics or whatever, which the trailers had a lot of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
At least the English Ann didn't use her natural speaking voice when recording for the game holy poo poo.
The name pronunciations are pretty bad but otherwise it's ok. I might switch between the 2 dubs on and off for the sake of variety