Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kangs
Sep 12, 2010
Finding a Miata without rust will be difficult because they have sold so many. Since the car is "cheap" they often tend to also not get much care.. especially if the car has changed hands a couple of times. Rocker panel rust is probably where it begins and becomes the worst.

I have an NB Miata, and it has some minor rust, but if you're going to be driving a beater I'd say focus more on the underside of the car where the frame rails are and rust for where the important suspension bits are. That rust you see could also be caused by the weep drainage hole for the top. A lot of owners don't check and it becomes plugged and well.. you know what happens next.

With that being said, I am throwing my NB2 up for sale here pretty soon so I can get back into motorcycling. I live in Northern VA about 20 miles from DC. The car is a 2003 Black NB ~65k miles. It's always been garage kept and maintained well, but I'm the third owner and can't speak for any PO's.

I just changed the timing belt, all front seals, fuel filter, water pump, and did a fresh brake fluid flush.

Let me know if you would like to come check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kangs
Sep 12, 2010
Np, sent an e-mail!

• Locked thread