Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Night10194 posted:

Actually, you ARE the creative Sierra style deaths for your targets.

Coming in millions of frustrating flavors like 'Haha, you didn't check the Plague Doctor before using the VHS tape!' and 'Wet Power Strip Out Of loving Nowhere'.

I meant creative deaths for 47 when he screws up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

White Coke posted:

I have electrocuted myself while I was messing with electric wires while standing in a puddle :downsgun:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

White Coke posted:

I've accidentally thrown the golf ball next to a propane tank when I meant to set it down once, does that count? :v:

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

shut up blegum posted:

I have electrocuted myself while I was messing with electric wires while standing in a puddle :downsgun:

Angel of Death?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Haaaaa, idiot...

...I did the exact same thing.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

shut up blegum posted:

You can just push her over when she's not unconscious. As soon as she leans over the balcony to laugh at Victor, you can shove her.

:discourse: Beautiful.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

White Coke posted:

I have made a Contract that involves murdering Chef Marcello and his two helpers (or sous-chefs, whichever) via explosive cannisters and the centerpiece stove in Marcello's kitchen.

It took me a long loving time for me to realize that upon trying to rig the stove to have a gas leak, that it would immediately explode, and I just wouldn't know why.

The fucker stood there at the stove, smoking.

:downsgun:

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Additionally, since we're still at Sapienza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKx46wTINrs

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Nothing better to set the mood for a romantic rendezvous than a nice sip of shovel.

Poil fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Apr 28, 2017

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Back to the subject of HITMAN's offensive marketing, I had a mini-for-fun contest in the main hitman thread when the game first was coming out:

Discendo Vox posted:

Thread challenge: Come up with your own tone-deaf advertisement for [HITMAN]!

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

47 exsanguinating an anti-FGM activist with a scalpel

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

47 garrotting a black dude overlaid with his laptop displaying $200k being wired to his account.

"Black lives matter"

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Pictures of real life dead people with the tagline : Silent assassin above them, dotted around high streets and playgrounds for all to see.Guaranteed complaints and controversy.

Replica bodybags with the hitman logo emblazoned on them, left in parks and outside local police stations and old peoples homes.

Big signs saying "YOU'RE NEXT" and a picture of 47 leering at you, left outside selected local schizophrenics houses for maximum carnage.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

I call this one Pussykiller

Nckdictator posted:

Blood Money had the worst advertisements.

(Linking because :nws: I guess?)

http://i.imgur.com/d3C5cGd.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/jcLy7Qr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/pnteGsE.jpg

That does raise a interesting question though: How do you market a Hitman game without coming off like a psychopath?
and finally,

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
What's the boat one? I know the dude below's some British noble who hosed off to Australia.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Holy poo poo, I knew the marketing campaign was tone-deaf but I didn't know it was that bad.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

CommissarMega posted:

What's the boat one? I know the dude below's some British noble who hosed off to Australia.

Google sez actress Natalie Wood died on that boat under suspicious circumstances.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Poil posted:

Nothing better to set the mood for a romantic rendezvous than a nice sip of shovel.
I read this before clicking the link, and thought it was a euphemism for face trauma. But no, she just...
That's a weird one.

Discendo Vox posted:

Back to the subject of HITMAN's offensive marketing, I had a mini-for-fun contest in the main hitman thread when the game first was coming out:
"GREAT LEADER MUST DIE" Sounds of a tuk-tuk getting closer.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

X_countryguy
Dec 31, 2007

Whatscha holdup, Tron? If you don't hurry up there's not gonna be any pizza left!
I think Agent 47's preferred method of taking out escaping targets is canon.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

It seems really baffling that "a cannon went off and just happened to kill the master of the house" is considered an accident.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Wow you were fast at the end. 47 really got cracking with that last challenge.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

rchandra posted:

It seems really baffling that "a cannon went off and just happened to kill the master of the house" is considered an accident.

Who would bother to use an 18th century cannon to commit an assassination? The real question is why usable gun powder is so close to the cannons.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

We're done with World of Tomorrow now, so I thought it'd be a good time to post the trailer for Marrakesh now.

A Gilded Cage

Also, just because we finished Sapienza's mission doesn't mean we're done with the town! The latest ET went up just last Friday and it takes place on another version of Sapienza used for the bonus mission The Icon. I don't know when I'll get around to doing the bonus missions, since I haven't actually touched them yet, but I'm not gonna hold out on doing ETs. Because this is also the first time I've ever touched the map for The Icon, I decided I'd do a live recording for grabbing intel on the map and target along with the usual post-commentary version. Fair warning, the live run's over 40 min of unedited footage.

My Run...............Intel Run

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

White Coke posted:

Who would bother to use an 18th century cannon to commit an assassination? The real question is why usable gun powder is so close to the cannons.

You must not be european, we love blank firing cannons to scare the poo poo out of tourists :v:

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 14:56 on May 8, 2017

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
:neckbeard: That intel run was exactly what I was hoping for with elusive targets. You just made my morning.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Yeah, it was kinda fun watching that intel run. I was also almost yelling "go over to the thing to your left! No, go back! No, not that way" at my laptop :)

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
I hosed up my run for Bartholomew. Thought I could push him off a cliff. Even with audio distractions, a guard was close enough to hear the crime and come investigate.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Super disappointed you didn't try anything with pyrotechnics, high-octane fuel, the barrels (there was even a screwdriver right there!), etc.

Maybe the pyrotechnicians near the wandering kitchen assistant could be split up with a coin to steal a disguise?

I was also surprised how much you could reset the mission - I had the impression that you were locked in once you started, or at least once anything at all changed.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

You're locked in once you start clearing objectives. Before that though, you're free to reset to your heart's content. Just don't die, because that's a failure state.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It seems like that mission was really easy, but slow.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Well, hope next attempts would be more interesting. Moose was funny, mind.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I love the motivation Diana gives us for this. You're not working for some altruistic loyalist group who managed to scrape some money together, you're helping an entrenched corporation keep their contracts. I don't know, it just seems real-er.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

I'm pretty sure Sandberg talking to his daughter isn't an easter egg. I've heard him do a couple of times now, and every time he was standing by the window, so it's probably just a part of his routine.

Also the cameraman disguise is great for the consulate, regardless of opportunity or not.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

wiegieman posted:

I love the motivation Diana gives us for this. You're not working for some altruistic loyalist group who managed to scrape some money together, you're helping an entrenched corporation keep their contracts. I don't know, it just seems real-er.

It's a nice way to stay gritty while still giving the whole thing an air of being up against unsympathetic assholes that it's okay to pop in the head.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Hah, one of the news tickers was for how Sanguine is more popular than ever thanks to the recent assassinations.

Edit: Call me persnickety, but I do find it annoying that the agents provocateurs and the protesters aren't speaking Berber/Arabic/French.

Samovar fucked around with this message at 19:16 on May 10, 2017

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Samovar posted:

Hah, one of the news tickers was for how Sanguine is more popular than ever thanks to the recent assassinations.

One of the conversations in Bangkok is about this too. I really like it when the game acknowledges the consequences of your actions :allears:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Samovar posted:

Edit: Call me persnickety, but I do find it annoying that the agents provocateurs and the protesters aren't speaking Berber/Arabic/French.

My explanation has always been that the voices we hear are actually in their native languages, we just hear 47s mental translation of them. He gives them all British accents because something something cloning.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

So did 47 just murder Not-Carl Bildt? :v:

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Blasmeister posted:

My explanation has always been that the voices we hear are actually in their native languages, we just hear 47s mental translation of them. He gives them all British accents because something something cloning.

47 is a nice guy, and he gives everyone British accents because it makes them sound as smart as he knows they really are.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Cooked Auto posted:

So did 47 just murder Not-Carl Bildt? :v:
We can but hope it leads to the real thing. :v:

White Coke
May 29, 2015
So it seems Hitman 2016 could be the last Hitman game ever: http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/11/hitman-developer-io-interactive-dumped-by-square-enix-6629832/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Square-Enix are killing off Hitman and are selling IO Interactive.

http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/news/pdf/20170511_01en.pdf

Who knows how long the servers for this game will stay up.