Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

shut up blegum posted:

The dude that refuses to put on his pants and go to work?
Yup. If you notice in the room I think he's playing Absolution which is the game he won the contest with. Part of the prize was him getting his face scanned into a future game which is pretty neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

It's interesting how filmic the visual language of the game is. Not the cutscenes, but in cases where you're stuffing dudes into containers and putting on disguises how it elides most of the frames from the sequence. Yeah, it was probably a time-saving measure because they didn't want to do the physics/bones work to make 47 actually lift up a corpse and put it into an arbitrary container, but it gives a neat, kind of accelerated feel.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

MadScientistWorking posted:

Yup. If you notice in the room I think he's playing Absolution which is the game he won the contest with. Part of the prize was him getting his face scanned into a future game which is pretty neat.

Voice acting too? I never quite heard that guy in any of the later levels and I love how on the Hitman™ subreddit (they're good people, honest!) and on the official forums (I really wish we'd see less community maps from there rather) absolutely rag on him.

Also, there're some very interesting community picks featuring Rocco as a target.

I'm actually glad we got rid of the same-old "Rocco! Get down here this instant-" line with the new voice acting that came along with the... Landslide mission, I want to say? Breaks up the monotony of the delivery just slightly.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

The prevalence of rat poison as a technique does seem... kinda dull, to me. Am I being too​ snippy in thinking that?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I'm phoneposting and will be out of town for a bit, thus unable to do the usual wordsplurge on Sapienza. The voice is not MackDadi, just the face I think. He won a contest involving the hitman absolution sniper challenge, a ground zeroes style teaser for absolution.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, Rocco sounds a bit too much like Yuri Lowenthal for me to say he got his voice put in.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Samovar posted:

The prevalence of rat poison as a technique does seem... kinda dull, to me. Am I being too​ snippy in thinking that?

Nah. But to be fair, almost every target in the maps features a way for you to do away with them with emetic or lethal poisons.

In a similar, dull vein, propane flask- or fire extinguisher induced 'accidents.'

There are some very well hidden ways to eliminate targets, including on this very level.

GoneRampant posted:

Yeah, Rocco sounds a bit too much like Yuri 'Everywhere, Every Game' Lowenthal for me to say he got his voice put in.

Ah, that makes sense.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Don't worry, we're gonna have a lot of fun with Sapienza for the next couple of weeks. I wanted to get the mundane out of the way early, hence this rat poison heavy run.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Please keep knocking people out with cans of expired pasta sauce.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
I'm still pedanticaly irritated in that toilet bowls are specifically designed to prevent people from drowning in them, accidentally or intentionally.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Dinictus posted:

Voice acting too? I never quite heard that guy in any of the later levels and I love how on the Hitman™ subreddit (they're good people, honest!) and on the official forums (I really wish we'd see less community maps from there rather) absolutely rag on him.

Also, there're some very interesting community picks featuring Rocco as a target.

I'm actually glad we got rid of the same-old "Rocco! Get down here this instant-" line with the new voice acting that came along with the... Landslide mission, I want to say? Breaks up the monotony of the delivery just slightly.

After a while every dialogue starts to grate. Which is why my 47 bumps into everyone having a conversation to make them shut the hell up. Well, unless I need them to stay in position and keep jabbering longer.

Also I can't believe I missed using the bolognese on the spaghetti kettle.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Let me tell you about Murphy's law and multiverse theory.

Added Space posted:

I'm still pedanticaly irritated in that toilet bowls are specifically designed to prevent people from drowning in them, accidentally or intentionally.

47's just that good.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Added Space posted:

you know how kids can get their head stuck in a fence?
Hitman toilets work like that as well.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

The divergence point for Hitman isn't actually the crazing cloning technology or the massive world spanning assassin organizations, it's the design of toilet bowls.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

wiegieman posted:

The divergence point for Hitman isn't actually the crazing cloning technology or the massive world spanning assassin organizations, it's the design of toilet bowls.

Thanks to alternate toilet design, many people who would have otherwise died of rear end-herpes went on to make contributions to the science of cloning.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I like to imagine that rather than his usual comedy schtick of '47 is better at being whoever he's impersonating than they are' 47 just assumes EVERYONE murders all their problems, and so went with that as his opener. :allears:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
I love the poo poo you can do with that golf ball scenario

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

That's beautiful, but you need to chain it to the virus too.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

So when are you going to do the Paris holiday mission? Because I really want to see that suit used.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

And people claim video games aren't art.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

My god.

This is beautiful.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I wish I could be half as creative as Kotti. :allears:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
'Next up' indeed :allears:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Blood makes the grass grow.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
You can also get the delivery boy disguse from the flower shop in the town. It's way more convenient than taking out one of the flower boys by the van.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Poil posted:

Blood makes the grass grow.

Is that a Neverwinter Nights 2 reference? My PC says that a lot during fights.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

GoneRampant posted:

Is that a Neverwinter Nights 2 reference? My PC says that a lot during fights.
Yes! I can't believe anyone would get that. :woop:

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
holy poo poo that final kill :golfclap:

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Poil posted:

Yes! I can't believe anyone would get that. :woop:

Happened to be playing it recently after Watch Out For Fireballs did a video on it. Fun fact is that I actually got that game and Hitman on the same day- GoG and PSN both launched their Black Friday sales so I grabbed some credit to buy this at thirty euro, then saw NWN2 for sale for the first time since I'd wanted to get it.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Is there a challenge to kill Mario and/or Luigi by jumping on them?

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

White Coke posted:

Is there a challenge to kill Mario and/or Luigi by jumping on them?

The only way to kill by having a body drop on them is in Showstopper at the scripted event where you drop Dalia Margolis on top of Victor Novikov, I'm afraid.

That and you can't make 47 jump but oh well :ssh:

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

It is pretty great how many things you can interact with simply by shooting them.

It's kind of an adventure game... "Use Gun with _______"

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Slow_Moe posted:

It is pretty great how many things you can interact with simply by shooting them.

The scene of the observatory dome slowly rotating after the box was shot brought Riven to my mind.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Slow_Moe posted:

This is a pretty great summation; Hitman 2016 is a Third Person Adventure Shooter. If only it had more creative player deaths too.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

White Coke posted:

This is a pretty great summation; Hitman 2016 is a Third Person Adventure Shooter. If only it had more creative player deaths too.

Actually, you ARE the creative Sierra style deaths for your targets.

Coming in millions of frustrating flavors like 'Haha, you didn't check the Plague Doctor before using the VHS tape!' and 'Wet Power Strip Out Of loving Nowhere'.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Dinictus posted:

The only way to kill by having a body drop on them is in Showstopper at the scripted event where you drop Dalia Margolis on top of Victor Novikov, I'm afraid.

...If Dalia is only unconscious when you throw her, will the fall damage kill her as well? Because there's a certain poetic beauty in them both dying simultaneously from that.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I think, between this and Thief (the originals, not the lovely reboot), stealth games where part of the point is that your character considers themselves an artist and will go out of their way to remain professional and clean at their job are a good conceit to go for.

Like sure, you can get messy and get away with it, but such things should be beneath you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

taiyoko posted:

...If Dalia is only unconscious when you throw her, will the fall damage kill her as well? Because there's a certain poetic beauty in them both dying simultaneously from that.

You can just push her over when she's not unconscious. As soon as she leans over the balcony to laugh at Victor, you can shove her.