Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I can't believe they showed us Diana's face, game already ruined.

But seriously, I'm looking forward to this despite the lack of a crazy foreign legion cloning conspiracy or whatever the old games ended up being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

They showed it (and, ugh, more) in Absolution.

You must be gripped by some bizarre fever dream, I don't know of any such Hitman game.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

A lot of what Hitman is about (especially after Blood Money) is social stealth. Knocking successive people out, stealing their clothes, blending in, and giving the target a fatal accident is kind of peak Hitman. Absolution didn't do that well.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

CommissarMega posted:

Again, who the gently caress would've thought that was a good idea? I mean, surely someone on the marketing team had more brain cells than teeth, right?

You don't understand man, edgy sells.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Since he was technically killed by a car and not by the explosive attached to the gas tank that blew up the car, it was an accident.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

berryjon posted:

Man, you really like defaulting to the "Poison, then Drown" method of taking out your target, don't you? I suppose that's because it seems simple and available at all times, it means its a fallback method should the player screw everything else up.

As long as you can get the right disguise and find their drink, it's a reliable way to get them alone (which mean they're dead meat.)

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

I'd wonder why 47 never got the barcode removed, if he didn't have magic disguise powers that made it not matter.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

The divergence point for Hitman isn't actually the crazing cloning technology or the massive world spanning assassin organizations, it's the design of toilet bowls.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Holy poo poo, I knew the marketing campaign was tone-deaf but I didn't know it was that bad.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

I love the motivation Diana gives us for this. You're not working for some altruistic loyalist group who managed to scrape some money together, you're helping an entrenched corporation keep their contracts. I don't know, it just seems real-er.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

The parent company in Japan doesn't care enough to rein in its utterly moronic Western division.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Cythereal posted:

See also Supreme Commander 2.

Please, please don't remind me.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

My beef is this is at least the second one of these illuminati groups the game's had.

Well, the Franchise was just the American ICA. ICA's been around forever, but they've stayed around by never grabbing for power and taking pride in their work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

The path from Absolution to 2016 is like an alcoholic hitting rock bottom and deciding to get all the poison of their life.