Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Discendo Vox posted:

A couple more examples of how very on point the IOI trailer game has been:
A story trailer for the tutorial levels of Hitman 2016 (no spoilers)

A trailer explaining/hyping disguises for Absolution. Note the large number of "joke disguises".
A trailer explaining/hyping combat for Absolution. Note the emphasis on combat- and the use of human shields, a mechanic very intentionally dropped for the new game.
Wait what the hell? Please don't tell me the goofy Colorado costume was an Absolution reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

GoneRampant posted:

Sapienza is the level that keeps on giving. It's incredible that they managed to effectively get away with reselling this map twice in two of the bonus missions and no one minded because it's that good a map.
I feel like at least with the one map I saw that they added enough assets to the map to at least make it feel worth it.
EDIT:
So fun fact. If Im not mistaken but that first opportunity you came across in the video is a contest winner from one of the mobile games.

MadScientistWorking fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Apr 13, 2017

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

shut up blegum posted:

The dude that refuses to put on his pants and go to work?
Yup. If you notice in the room I think he's playing Absolution which is the game he won the contest with. Part of the prize was him getting his face scanned into a future game which is pretty neat.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

ChaosArgate posted:

In hindsight I should've expected something like this after they murdered Sleeping Dogs and United Front Games. :( Pouring one out for Hitman and hoping they're going to implement a proper offline mode.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/britishgaming/status/862683669345038338
Isn't IO retaining the Hitman rights?

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

Sel Nar posted:

Guh, that last kill is just brutal. Good job.
It gets even more brutal.