Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
If ChaosArgate permits, this seems like really morbidly fascinating supplemental material to go with the LP? Maybe compare it against 2016's promo materials like the Gary vs Gary thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

After watching this video:
and reflecting upon this statement:

Cythereal posted:

The ejector seat was hilarious.

I wonder if IOI's big takeaway from Absolution was like "Let's make the comedy intentional this time."

47's most superhuman power is keeping a straight face through it all.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Poil posted:

Nothing better to set the mood for a romantic rendezvous than a nice sip of shovel.
I read this before clicking the link, and thought it was a euphemism for face trauma. But no, she just...
That's a weird one.

Discendo Vox posted:

Back to the subject of HITMAN's offensive marketing, I had a mini-for-fun contest in the main hitman thread when the game first was coming out:
"GREAT LEADER MUST DIE" Sounds of a tuk-tuk getting closer.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Miz Kriss posted:

"Oh wow"

Also that conversation kill feels like it's straight up from a movie and I love it.
That conversation kill makes me want to hear 47 say "I used my imagination."

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

That was a beautiful if brief body-spotting cascade.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

wait, so the bartender just

stays there?

bartending?

after you've mown everyone else down?

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Discendo Vox posted:

[Oh, also all the innocent victims whose deaths you have nothing to do with. You can hide their bodies for bonus points, too.
So you can just

play a game within a game of Viscera Cleanup Detail?

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm still not done with Operation Sledgehammer's notes, because I found a horrifying rabbithole of abandoned plotlines and promotional material, and have gained deep, eldritch insight into Hitman Lore. Progress is being made, though.
I've introduced your information on Absolution so far to many people just now, and have received a resounding chorus of "WHAT THE gently caress, WHY"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Atomikus posted:

it's as deep as a kiddy pool and about as full of human waste.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Even thats too deep
A broken sewer pipe geysering straight up into the air then.