Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Danny Glands posted:

A question: Will we see community contracts in this LP?

I don't have any plans currently, but I'm not gonna say no to doing some as part of a stream sometime in the future. I'd probably want to do it on a console copy though because I'm afraid of melting my PC!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

04 - Bangkok
Club 27

And here's the link to the soundcloud mentioned in the video!
https://soundcloud.com/theclass_band

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

15 - Intervention

This is a little late because I spent basically all of yesterday on a plane. Related, this LP will take a short hiatus for 3-4 weeks while I'm away because I spent most of my free time editing for my NieR LP instead and also because I hate the next map. Also I'm an idiot who forgot to upload the video thumbnail to my host so this text link will have to do. Unfortunately, because I'm going to be away, I'll have to miss the upcoming ET, but Jobbo should have that covered at least, so look forward to that.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

double nine posted:

There's a propane tank right there, and they do light the candles for him to blow out... The option is there.

(note: never tried it myself, but there are a surprising number of triggers for propane tanks that i didn't think they'd model)

poo poo, I didn't even think of that! I have something to try when I get back now!

Zagglezig posted:

Does Jordon have a list of random responses to tasting the cake? If so, nice job getting the line about dates during the poisoning.

I've only ever seen the two; subdued for poisoning and angry otherwise.

Weeble posted:

So.... despite getting so pissy about Ken being there, and his whole spiel about his father keeping an eye on him yadda yadda yadda...

Jordan's very first action after accidentally doing the thing, is to call crying to Daddy to fix his mistakes again.

"It happened again."

I suspect part of why he gets so pissy over his father's influence dominating his existence is because he knows it's true and just doesn't want to accept it until he's desperate.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/iointeractive/status/875684213231689731

:toot:

I hope this means Season 2 can continue on track!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Just a quick heads up, this LP's not dead, I came back from vacation almost 2 weeks ago and I've gotten started recording the next mission. There's also an ET going on for the bonus Marrakesh mission, A House Built on Sand, and I've got that recorded too. I've never played that mission either, just like The Icon, so I recorded commentary too, but Shadowplay doesn't exactly play nice with this game at times so I think the recording might be a bit too garbled for a clean Intel run. :( At the very least, the final video should probably be ok. ET video should be up by Wednesday, Freedom Fighters should probably start next Wednesday, and we'll go from there.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Same place as usual. :v: I've been playing around with a new microphone and an audio mixing board and I guess my compressor in Audition decided to elevate my voice to a higher plane.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Your mistake was trying to hide a corpse that had died from poisoning. The game won't penalize you for a discovered body if the body died of an accident or by poisoning. :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Here's the launch trailer for the next main mission, since we're coming up on that this week.

Freedom Fighters

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Also, this game's on sale on basically every major platform, I think! It's something like 60% off, I wanna say, which is great because of how much game you get for like 24-28 bucks. Related, I picked up a PS4 copy of the game because of issues that have been happening for a while with my attempts to record the PC version, so I'm probably gonna do a stream sometime this week to just grind out mastery levels. Keep an eye out either here or my Twitter for that.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Gonna do the console catch up stream soonish! Come join if you're around and wanna see the LP again but hopefully considerably faster!

https://twitch.tv/chaosargate

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

The stream was a good time and I definitely wanna do another one at some point! Here's the VOD, freshly uploaded. If it's not ready, give it a bit so it can finish processing.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I couldn't find a trailer for this episode specifically, just the season finale, which sums up the game up to this point but doesn't really make any mention of this map.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Photoshop stopped recognizing the specific version of the HITMAN™ font I was using so I have to substitute for another version and the lack of consistency is killing me. :(

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Try jumping. :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

And that's Hokkaido! I'll be taking a short break after this to recharge because my update schedule got pretty hectic and I need a bit to recharge, but when we come back, we're going into the bonus missions.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

White Coke posted:

Weren't you going to show off 47's DDR skillz?

I'll get to it in an easter egg round up or something. I tried to get him to do it but he wouldn't go for it. :(

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah, basically. IOI's working on Season 2, I think, but in the meantime, I'm working on quick videos covering the bonus maps to close off S1 and possibly the LP if S2 doesn't start soon.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Just wanted to give an update on this LP, I haven't had a whole lot of time in the last month to just sit down and do LP things, which is why the bonus mission videos have yet to go up. Hopefully I can make some time this weekend to get back into the swing of things and get the rest of the Season 1 stuff up for this LP.

Related, this LP might've just gotten an extension...

https://twitter.com/Hitman/status/922794822015991808

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Cythereal posted:

Any plans to do the new Patient Zero stuff I'm hearing about?

I finished the first 3 missions of it, so once I get around to doing the last mission, I'll start planning something. I believe the elusive target reruns are coming back this week too, so I'll see about getting videos up for those too.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Why does Diana betray the Agency but not warn 47 beforehand?
Isn't she his handler?
Why does 47 immediately believe the Agency regarding her turncoat status and doesn't question the motive?
Why does 47 kill Diana if she tells him what the Agency is up to and he agrees to help her?
Why is Ellen Page in this game?

You forgot a very important question.

Why does looking down with your face in your palm cost meter?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

David D. Davidson posted:

Well 2016 is kind of a quasi-reboot of the franchise so you can ignore almost all of the games before it.
Especially Absolution.

Yeah but there are nods to the games before it too so I don't know if everything can be completely ignored, like Agent Smith and 47's little chat in Hokkaido.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

White Coke posted:

The Paris episode is available for free on Steam until the fifth of January.

It's true, and also available for every platform this game is on! Now there's no excuse to at least try the game! Also, have two videos today; one is seasonally appropriate, and the other is an ET.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Felinoid posted:

My computer won't run it. :negative:

Let me amend that to "no excuse not to have it in your system of choice's library".

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Please do, your Absolution posts are a real treasure!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Jobbo please, you know you should never do major upgrades mid-project.

Says a guy who built a new PC between recent ETs, technically :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Man I already forgot how lovely that level was. Here's something to wash it out afterwards.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

What? Ohhh poo poo you're right I legitimately forgot there were Kane & Lynch players in Colorado too. :ohdear:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

Note the partial decay, bruises and ligature marks. Someone had to texture that.

:stonk:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I’m so glad you made that edit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012