Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Hitman is slightly less annoying on a controller since the analogue stick allows you to match pace with npc speed. It's a bit annoying since if you push the stick too far you'll be faster than the npc and if you are too timid you are too slow. Keyboard doesn't allow for that amount of granularity.

Question argate: did you manage to reset the achievements/kill challenges and if so how?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

I know way, way too much about the Hitman series, especially its rich and engaging plotline. This most recent game actually, for a change, has generally very good writing, with a lot of subtle stuff thrown into it. If anyone has any plot questions, hit me up.

whut? I found Hitman 2016 to be mostly devoid of interesting meta-plot. The missions themselves were fine but the connecting dots were a bit ... dull, cliché.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Miz Kriss posted:

I know absolutely nothing about the Hitman games other than that the main character is bald and named Agent 47. Because of this, I thought this was the first game. :downs:

It might as well be - other than a stinger at the end there's pretty much nothing linking Hitman to Codename 47 or any of the other games.

Also don't play Codename 47. It has aged ... poorly.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

... I played through Codename 47, Silent Assassin and Blood Money but I barely remembered any of the plot. Thanks for the writeup, that was useful to trigger some distant memories of good/horrible levels.

I do kinda miss the Silent Assassin actiony music track.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

You should listen in on the conversation the between the npcs near the Iago invitation you picked up. And then follow the elderly lady. And then follow victor after that.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Has to be sucky for Hailey. Why did margolis have a drat dongle to screw with her own laptop though.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

:perfect:

Okay, few remarks on this one:

1. the sheikh will go up to the balcony early on - I think somewhere around the 1m30s mark. If the limo beneath the balcony starts its siren (by shooting it, of course) he'll come to investigate and you can subdue him in the abandoned gift shop. Not as useful as the method used by argate but still decently reliable.
2. the pavilion has a blend in spot where you can ... blend in and not be detected by the patrolling guards. No need to hide from the guards.

3. there's a place behind one of the pillars near the gas heater you can stick a remote explosive to complete the challenge. Doesn't need to be a ducky in fact the regular one sticks to walls making it easier. You can see it on the left side of the previous screenshot.
4. Tobias Rieper is indeed an alias our favorite baldy used in Codename 47. No idea if it was used elsewhere in the series.
5. The room peacock & cobra get evacuated to is very useful for challenges. I used it to complete the In Plain Sight challenge on professional mode.
6. The leftmost guy near the fireworks remote will go to the bathroom shortly after finishing his dialogue. No coins required, and the other guy is much easier to avoid getting seen by (or just knock his rear end out and stuff him in the conveniently placed box near him. Just make sure the two guards who patrol the area don't spot you.
7. this is the only way in the entire game you can kill someone by dumping a body on top of him. I tried so many times to dump margolis on top of Victor when he goes onto the runway. Doesn't work. :( It's only the fireworks drop that's scripted to kill someone that way.

double nine fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Apr 5, 2017

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

I'm just going to assume that the reason Dalia was suspicious of 47 was that he was wearing a battered old suit.

Heh. Let's just say that if you think that suit is too conspicuous for an assassin, there's another one that makes him stand out like a christmas tree in the saharan desert.

and it's wonderful.

double nine fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Apr 5, 2017

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

supposedly this SA has a lot of optional content if you help the target get through the cellar and lose his bodyguard. I have no idea if it's worth it, and I don't care.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Dinictus posted:

Voice acting too? I never quite heard that guy in any of the later levels and I love how on the Hitman™ subreddit (they're good people, honest!) and on the official forums (I really wish we'd see less community maps from there rather) absolutely rag on him.

Also, there're some very interesting community picks featuring Rocco as a target.

I'm actually glad we got rid of the same-old "Rocco! Get down here this instant-" line with the new voice acting that came along with the... Landslide mission, I want to say? Breaks up the monotony of the delivery just slightly.

After a while every dialogue starts to grate. Which is why my 47 bumps into everyone having a conversation to make them shut the hell up. Well, unless I need them to stay in position and keep jabbering longer.

Also I can't believe I missed using the bolognese on the spaghetti kettle.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Added Space posted:

I'm still pedanticaly irritated in that toilet bowls are specifically designed to prevent people from drowning in them, accidentally or intentionally.

you know how kids can get their head stuck in a fence?
Hitman toilets work like that as well.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

So when are you going to do the Paris holiday mission? Because I really want to see that suit used.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

there was a giantbomb-affiliated podcast that claimed that IOI would keep the license, but it's pretty much hearsay at the moment.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I think the wine glass is used when stromberg goes back to the school? After the greeting at the front entrance, go inside for further conversation. I've never bothered to find out their routine once inside though - it's always been sniper time for me at that point.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

An interesting* aspect of the prisoner disguise is that it makes everyone on the map hostile to you, even (most of) the civilians in the market/riot/café. There's a few player-made challenge contracts that require using the prisoner disguise to melee kill several npcs in the embassy or marketplace, if you're particularly masochistic.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Samovar posted:

Never understood the appeal of these modern day songs with lyrics like: 'arglbrglbrlargh'. Must resonate with the kids somehow.

You're just not cool man. This music never fails to make me ec-static.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Poil posted:

That would have been amazing. Or hiding a canister of propane and propane accessories inside of it.

There's a propane tank right there, and they do light the candles for him to blow out... The option is there.

(note: never tried it myself, but there are a surprising number of triggers for propane tanks that i didn't think they'd model)

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

re: inter-level references, there is a guy in the Paris auction who has a phone conversation where a) he outs himself as Crystal Dawn and b) they have no operations going on in Marrakesh, it's probably just some teenagers putting up posters or something.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

yes.

also ETs restart friday.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

personal value assessment: you get 2 decent alternate maps of Sapienza & Bangkok, 1 very short but gloriously fun version of Colorado, and a Hokkaido that has a simple but ingenious mechanical complication. Is it worth 20? Overall, I think yes, but only if you are the type who goes through each map and gets all of the opportunities & most of the assassination challenges.

Additionally, the Sapienza map has some great moody ambient music, with a brutal (and entertaining) conversation somewhere in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

White Coke posted:

So what'll happen after the Elusive Targets run through a second time, will they keep restarting them?

at that point, season 2 will hopefully be ready for release or close to it.