Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I didn't realize how accurate that manual was until I started building a new bookcase. Took me a few tries, but I noticed that I didn't have my gun and fiber wire; built it no problem once I fixed that.

I too wish to one day own enough books that only a bookcase the size of a yacht can contain them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Were the guards using M16s?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Pretty sure they were, yeah.

I thought so. I love that they bothered to make (presumably) period appropriate costumes, but not give them guns. It can't be that hard to find some AK-74's lying around.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I know I said I'd LP Absolution for the thread but please don't actually make me do it.

Finish Turning Point: Fall of Liberty first.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I did though :confused: :negative:

No game can be that short!

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Well, it certainly challenged that definition.

In that case it seems you don't have anything else on your plate, so it sounds like you don't have anything stopping you from playing Absolution then.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

wiegieman posted:

The divergence point for Hitman isn't actually the crazing cloning technology or the massive world spanning assassin organizations, it's the design of toilet bowls.

Thanks to alternate toilet design, many people who would have otherwise died of rear end-herpes went on to make contributions to the science of cloning.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Is there a challenge to kill Mario and/or Luigi by jumping on them?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Slow_Moe posted:

It is pretty great how many things you can interact with simply by shooting them.

It's kind of an adventure game... "Use Gun with _______"

This is a pretty great summation; Hitman 2016 is a Third Person Adventure Shooter. If only it had more creative player deaths too.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Night10194 posted:

Actually, you ARE the creative Sierra style deaths for your targets.

Coming in millions of frustrating flavors like 'Haha, you didn't check the Plague Doctor before using the VHS tape!' and 'Wet Power Strip Out Of loving Nowhere'.

I meant creative deaths for 47 when he screws up.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

rchandra posted:

It seems really baffling that "a cannon went off and just happened to kill the master of the house" is considered an accident.

Who would bother to use an 18th century cannon to commit an assassination? The real question is why usable gun powder is so close to the cannons.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Blasmeister posted:

My explanation has always been that the voices we hear are actually in their native languages, we just hear 47s mental translation of them. He gives them all British accents because something something cloning.

47 is a nice guy, and he gives everyone British accents because it makes them sound as smart as he knows they really are.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
So it seems Hitman 2016 could be the last Hitman game ever: http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/11/hitman-developer-io-interactive-dumped-by-square-enix-6629832/

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Danny Glands posted:

Who would be a purchaser for IOI though? Sega?

We all know it's going to be EA.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Samovar posted:

What type of a masseuse does their work without the client taking their shirt off?

He's so tense he won't even take his shirt off.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Danny Glands posted:

Well, no references to Chess the musical here.

I haven't had the chance to watch the video, does 47 get a giant chess piece disguise?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Discendo Vox posted:

My beef is this is at least the second one of these illuminati groups the game's had.

These Illuminati groups spend all their time and resources fighting each other instead of creating the New World Order. Just imagine what the Jesuits and Freemasons could do if they teamed up.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

CommissarMega posted:

"Vroom-vroom-vroom, Ding-ding-ding" :allears:

I want to see footage of the VA in the recording booth so much.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Cythereal posted:

This place is partially run by an AI?

Please tell me you can get it to go Skynet on the place.

Please tell me that 47 can knock it out and take its outfit.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Weren't you going to show off 47's DDR skillz?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Yes, and something extra.

Patient Negative One?

White Coke
May 29, 2015
So what'll happen after the Elusive Targets run through a second time, will they keep restarting them?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

double nine posted:

at that point, season 2 will hopefully be ready for release or close to it.

I'd be less inclined to buy a game if I'll miss out on limited availability content. Elusive Targets strikes me as nothing more than an evolution of preorder bonuses.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
The Paris episode is available for free on Steam until the fifth of January.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Does 47 have a second bandage on top of his bandage? How many layers will he have by the end?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

GoneRampant posted:

I do have to say those alternate plot points sound like a goddamn tire fire, especially that one where 47's body was failing him (combined with Victoria and that starts to sound eerily like a loose summary of Logan- all we would have needed was some senile old man in the backseat).

Logan, but all of the main characters are just different series of clones.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
The idea of sneaking through a bar in the middle of a fight is interesting, but when everyone knows to single you out if you so much as use a broom then the execution has failed.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Please don't :ohdear:

He's doing it you monster, and it's all your fault.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Sanchez had such weird proportions. His limbs looked to short and small compared to his torso.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Something something DNA Manipulation :biotruths: UNLOCK YOUR FULL POTENTIAL!

That or Danny Trejo has some really weird body proportions that we just aren't noticing.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Those directors of photography earn their pay when Danny Trejo is on set!

For all we know Sanchez could be a smaller Danny Trejo.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

What if Sanchez was his stunt double?

Move over Bigger Luke.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
If Absolution wasn't available as a comprehensive lesson in what not to do, would 2016 have been as good?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Discendo Vox posted:

Probably not, if only because it got so much of the devteam fired.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

It would have been much better, duh!

:thunk:

White Coke
May 29, 2015
What if the next target is Melania Trump, and her extended disappearance from the spotlight is the ultimate viral marketing campaign? I'd have thought they wouldn't do something so risky and tasteless after they fired most of the Absolution crew, but who knows?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

ChaosArgate posted:

Maybe let's not say anything that could get Lowtax in trouble with the secret service again. :v:

Good point. I do not condone the assassination of public figures.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
So is ten million dollars that much money to Stuckey? Is it worth pissing off an organization of super assassins?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Considering he apparently owns an arms manufacturing company, I cant imagine 10 million being anything too special.

Then again its 10 million dollars and his payroll keeps getting smaller and smaller...

I think the bigger issue is drawing attention to himself especially since he's going to just sell Ellen Page's super genes. But 10 million in liquid cash is pretty useful, he might have all his money locked up in assets.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

David D. Davidson posted:

Funny thing to note but this game ends the exact same way that the first really terrible Hitman movie did.

Looping credits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Discendo Vox posted:

You're going to hate me for this.

He recently found out one of his ancestors was a British judge, so he's started wearing British judge poo poo.

I'm sorry.

American judges used to dress like British judges until Thomas Jefferson changed it.