Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
2016 was a really weird year for me in regards to sequels. Ones I expected to be good like Dishonored 2 were lacking IMO, while a bunch of ones that I was cautiously optimistic about at best like Watch Dogs 2 and Titanfall 2 were amazing. And this is the sequel that started it off. I'll join the crowd in saying that Hitman is absolutely fantastic and easily provided some of the best gaming moments I had last year (Although I was a bit late to the party, buying the season pass when it went on sale at Black Friday).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

mandatory lesbian posted:

i know literal nothing about this series, is there an over-arching story or are they mostly self-contained things?

For the most part, it's a self-contained game. There's a few instances of references to the older games, but for the most part every Hitman is built around it being the player's first.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
He tried cutting it off in Absolution, but it grew back with the skin.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
It honestly hasn't grabbed me like the others did, where I made a point to do them first thing. Likely because I already have both the "Complete an ET in Paris" Suit and have Paris mastery, but I feel like when I try it I'll just shoot him and make a run for an exit.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Sapienza is the level that keeps on giving. It's incredible that they managed to effectively get away with reselling this map twice in two of the bonus missions and no one minded because it's that good a map.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, Rocco sounds a bit too much like Yuri Lowenthal for me to say he got his voice put in.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Poil posted:

Blood makes the grass grow.

Is that a Neverwinter Nights 2 reference? My PC says that a lot during fights.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Poil posted:

Yes! I can't believe anyone would get that. :woop:

Happened to be playing it recently after Watch Out For Fireballs did a video on it. Fun fact is that I actually got that game and Hitman on the same day- GoG and PSN both launched their Black Friday sales so I grabbed some credit to buy this at thirty euro, then saw NWN2 for sale for the first time since I'd wanted to get it.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

shut up blegum posted:

I have electrocuted myself while I was messing with electric wires while standing in a puddle :downsgun:

Angel of Death?

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

wiegieman posted:

The parent company in Japan doesn't care enough to rein in its utterly moronic Western division.

That, or the Japan paymasters are willing to sacrifice the Western division so that they can keep making Final Fantasy games once every blue moon.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

IMJack posted:

Who are the not-poo poo publishers willing to take a chance on non-typical games anymore? Bethesda?

Devolver?

Paradox? Sega? Are CDPR tied to any publisher?

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Got SA on this ET, which not only got me the Marrakesh with gloves outfit but I also got the Blood Money suit as well (I didn't keep track of my ETs so I didn't know I'd done ten of them).

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
For those not following the Hitman thread, the tldr is that the GOTY edition will have four new missions and some new costumes/weapons/challenges. If you already own the game it's a 20 dollar upgrade cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Even as someone who likes Absolution here more than a hell of a lot of the thread (I'm a sucker for grindhouse and I do have to admire how good lucking Absolution is for 2012, and ultimately Absolution was my gateway into Hitman), I do have to say those alternate plot points sound like a goddamn tire fire, especially that one where 47's body was failing him (combined with Victoria and that starts to sound eerily like a loose summary of Logan- all we would have needed was some senile old man in the backseat). It's a game that really suffered from IO seeming to go "OK, we have some good shooting mechanics and this weird thing we stole from the new Splinter Cell."

"But we're not making a Kane and Lynch 3, we're making another Hitman game. You know, a stealth game?"

"Well poo poo. Just add on a scoring system and funny disguises, that'll keep the old fans involved to the end and by the time they're complaining we'll have cashed in and fled to Majorca."