Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
My wife is Korean and is super pumped. She is kind of a shitbird.

PGH I mean, not my wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Mrs. EP is saying the language being used is not at all encouraging. Basically it's *Six damning things comma "however" minor platitude.*

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
She's Impeached.

That is a big deal in Korea. Like one year ago Impeachment was literally legally non-existent. Decision was apparently unanimous even though seven of the judges involved were part of her party.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SKULL.GIF posted:

Park Geun-hye literally doesn't matter here, it's Choi Soon-sil who needs to have the full force of the law brought against her, along with all her accomplices. Worst Korea needs to establish that this behavior is completely and totally unacceptable.

Lol worst Korea.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

financially racist posted:

also she is the daughter of a really awful dictator

... And altered textbooks to glamorize him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2015/11/13/opinion/south-koreas-textbook-whitewash.amp.html

Eifert Posting has issued a correction as of 02:56 on Mar 11, 2017

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Some very appropriate music for the thread.

Even though this guy was imprisoned, tortured and sent to psychiatric wards by PGH's father for several years for the terrible crimes of

a:) saying gently caress you when her father requested he write a propagandist song for him and writing the song in the link instead
and
b:) smoking a whole mess of weed

The idiot Korean 60 somethings that supported PGH used that song in their rallies. I like to think about that when people over here do stupid poo poo. We're all stupid, really.

Edit:

Lol if you think that's bad you would lose your poo poo at what you hear families do through thin walls in a Korean apartment. It is a very shouty, dramatic culture. My fifth grade students, particularly the girls, basically communicated by hitting.

Eifert Posting has issued a correction as of 04:49 on Mar 11, 2017

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Now she won't leave the Blue Hluse.

It's actually kind of bizarrely admirable how good South Koreans are at holding their presidents accountable AFTER they leave office. They've all been poo poo but look at this list of every ROK president's retirement:
  • Fled country
  • Assasinated
  • Exiled, imprisoned, given death sentence, pardoned after 7 years in court/prison
  • Imprisoned/in court for 4 years and pardoned
  • Son jailed
  • Just disgraced, pretty good really
  • Suicide one year later
  • Family members imprisoned, barely escaped sentencing
  • PGH, who will herself almost certainly be arrested

The guy Mrs. EP thinks is the best is the one who committed suicide, but he was actually impeached his first full year in office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Honestly after the last 2 years I'm ready to give dystopian assimilation into the ai a shot...

• Locked thread